Sunday, July 12, 2009
Mother's intuition
So we just got a call from the Dr that Kurtis saw last night in the ER. He said that the Radiologist saw his X ray's this morning and he did see that there was a small break in his toe. We wouldn't do a lot more for him, OTHER THAN keep him off his foot and require him to use crutches or something to help him get around.
The part of this that is interesting to me is that the gut feeling of a mother is truly something. I wanted to push for another opinion. Jake felt confident that the Dr new what he was talking about. I know Jake may be irritated at me for posting this, but I do have to say that I am a mother for a reason. I knew that it was more than what that Dr said. His poor foot looks as if it's been inflated or something. He can't put any weight on it anyways. So we'll be getting a pediatrician tomorrow and having him actually get someone that might know what's going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, at least they called and let you know!!! I truly believe in a mothers intuition, and their "gut" feeling. I also beleive tho, that there is a fathers "gut" feelilng too. They are just different!!!
I'm sure the doctor did his best. He doesn't really study ex-rays like a radiologist does, so it's possible he may have missed it. That is probably why they sent it to the radiologist, just to be sure.
Good luck with the pediatritian. I think it is so scary to look for a new doctor.
WOW! I'm glad they found out what was wrong! Poor guy! It must hurt. I love how the Spirit warns us when something is wrong. Way to listen to the promptings. You are such a great mom. I love you!
Post a Comment