Tuesday, August 11, 2009
In the right place at the right time
So our power supply on our computer croaked Saturday morning. I had my talk on Sunday and I had no way to get it, so I had to go garbage digging for my rough draft so I had something to go by. My talk went well. But Monday I had a lot of things to do. Like, take Jakes suit and his dad's suit coat to the dry cleaners, and I needed to go buy a new power supply for the computer, I needed to go and get a second TV remote because for the 2nd time it fell threw the whole in the recliner and got demolished in the hinge when we opened up the recliner. Luckily that was free, I needed to go to walmart and exchange Ember's new school pants, and look for some school shoes for Ember along with a back pack and the things that come with Kindergarten. Then I was going to head to the Garden by the Church Cannery, pick our own vegies. Then I was going to pick Jake up. Well I dropped off drycleaning, and got to the computer store, found what I needed and was standing in line, the lady in front of me kept getting calls on her cell phone that she couldn't answer, she was telling the cashier that they were selling their car and she had so many calls on it, so the cashier yelled at the worker on the other side of the room, "hey she's got an Acura that she's selling" I was listening to the specs, kind of old, but for the most part sounded like a great deal. When the worker came over and asked her how much she was selling it for she said, "$700" I said, "SOLD! I'll take it."
I told her if she followed me to the bank I would get some money and follow her home. Her mouth dropped open and she said, ok. She also told me that there was a guy that was driving down after work tonight from Anchorage to buy it for his 16 year old daughter. Luckily I could get her cash, we went to her house, and I took a look, it's an 1987, has 177k miles on it, which isn't bad, because here in Alaska everything has rediculous miles on it, it need the oil changed, and the transmission oil changed. Jake says probably a new battery. And a rear tail light.
For the most part, it's great, it's got leather seats, and a sun roof. Alloy wheels for the winter. It will get Jake back and forth to work and I won't be stranded. Good thing I was in the right place at the right time. We've been watching on Craigslist for a decent price but everything seems to be either too high of miles or the price is completely out of our range. We don't feel to good about anything we've found. We have almost felt like we might need to get another car loan. But luckily I through my whole day off schedule and was in the right place at the right time and got a decent car. I still got the remote swapped, but I missed wal-mart, I got to the garden and got some awesome cabbage, then got Jake and headed home. I was pretty impressed with my impulse buying. And now my computer works again after a stressful night of remembering my computer knowledge. It's kind of like riding a bike. :) A new power supply and a DVD burning once again. YEAH!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice car. I like the color and the sunroof. You were truely blessed. that's what happens when you agree to talk in church. LOL
Boy, when I buy impulsivly I usually spend under 20 bucks!!! You go girl!!!! You did good.
thanks, Ty, for informing me of my pooping issues. I corrected it!
Post a Comment