
So at church on Sunday we were in Sacrament Meeting and Theron was so wiggly and wouldn't hold still, so I stood at the back of the chapel with him and was trying to get him to go to sleep, with the mommy bounce and rhythm pat on the bum. EmberLee thought it was her que to exit the bench and be very distracting to the other people trying to listen to the talk that was being given. Don't ask me what the talk was about, because I haven't a clue, I was too worried about Theron's noise level and EmberLee's distractions while Jake was trying to keep Bridger from "talking" so loud. I bent down to her level and asked her to come to me....she wouldn't, so I took a big step forward and took her hand and as quietly as she permitted, we walked out of the chapel and into the lobby. I was trying to talk to her quietly but she thought I was going to play tag with her. I gave her "the look" and said, "EmberLee, you come here right now or we will go outside to talk" she looked at me and then at the other people in the lobby and said nice and loud so all could hear her, "NO!" so I decided that I was going to take her by the hand and go outside to get after her, so I wasn't interrupting the people trying to listen to the talk that was now overheard on the speaker. Instead of taking my hand like last time, she took off and ran right into the chapel door that didn't close when we came out. It was so loud, but so funny, I was trying not to laugh. Now that she had tweety birds flying above her head, I took her hand and she willingly came with me outside. I got on her eye level and got after her for not minding. I told her that when you don't mind you get hurt, I told her that we are here at church to be quiet and learn about Jesus. So we needed to do our best to pay attention or be quiet in the chapel so that others' that wanted to listen could. I examined her face and sure enough she was going to have a mark. We went back in while she was whimpering still and we stayed in the lobby. While the young man out there with his mom went to the Kitchen and got her some ice in a bag and a cloth to wrap the ice in. There apparently was 2 earthquakes, Jake had mentioned them, but I didn't feel anything at all. Needless to say I think EmberLee learned a very valuable lesson on Sunday. I was more afraid of her fabricated stories at school that might get me into trouble, than anything. Good thing there were all those people in the lobby that watched her run into that door. Silly, disobedient kid. When we were at the bus stop Monday morning I decided to take a picture before I forgot about it. So in case you need to teach a lesson to your kids on minding your parents, this might be a great example why..
YOU MAY GET HURT, SO MIND YOUR MOTHER!!!
2 comments:
That was so sad, yet so funny at the same time. I was chuckling the whole time while reading. Hopefully she learned a small lesson...for now. You know best. :)
Ouch! But aren't you glad she got what was coming to her without you having to be the bad guy. Better luck next Sunday, Embers!
Post a Comment