Sunday, September 6, 2009

7 YEARS and counting

Jake and I got to celebrate our 7th Anniversary on Friday the 4th of Sept. This year we had a few changes.
  • We're in Alaska not Utah
  • The boys are old enough to watch kids and get paid($20 each).
  • We're not pregnant (and will never be again)
  • We had money to eat with, and to spend
  • We're trying NEW foods and loved it
I got ready for our date at home, changing outfits a few times, putting on my make-up, combing through my hair a few separate times before I was ready to even come close to walking out the door. I left the boys in charge with a box of Corn dogs and a can of green beans for dinner. Oh and very strict instructions on answering the phone. If they answered at all they were to tell whoever that I was down in bed with a Migraine. Austin had asked, why don't we just say your in the shower? I pointed out that if they said that then whoever is calling may call back shortly thinking that I was just in the shower. Migraines are more likely to keep me down for longer than a shower. Anyways, they figured out why eventually. I picked Jake up from work where he got ready for our date. He was wearing the same black shirt he wore on our 1st date, (Heidi I know that your freaking out on that comment LOL). He looked so good to me. Kind of like the night he picked me up on our 1st date. I had envisioned that he might have drove a truck or something. When we walked to his 'car' it was his little, white, ford escort (so, not what I was thinking).....back to this date 7 years later :) I got to pick him up for once. I was even excited like I once used to be. We headed into Eagle river about 30 minutes away. We've eaten Sushi and Sashimi before, at the Cases, Jared's part Japanese and learned how to make it, so that's as far as we've explored with Sushi and such. We wanted to try this out in a Restaurant, we got pretty daring I think, we tried Eel, octopus (again), salmon, fatty tuna, shrimp, and more, but I can't remember all of it. It was a ledge worth stepping out on.We ate at Shines Sushi Restaurant. It was SO good. We had halibut and Avocado tempura. Very tasty, a soup that we didn't use a spoon for. You drink it, very weird, I think there was Tofu in the bottom. Kind of odd, that was not my favorite at all. Then we decided to get the Shogun Boat. It came out on a wooden boat. Kind of cool. It had 4 Sashimi's, 8 sushi's, and 2 tuna rolls. It was stinking good. I didn't think it was going to fill us, but both of us were very full when we were finished. I was very impressed. We will definitely do that again. Our ticket was only $50 with a tip. We usually spend $80 or so when we eat out at a nice place, so the price was awesome. We then headed to Anchorage in search of FYE. We found it in the mall, along with JCPenny where we found some pants on sale for Kurtis. He's so picky, but he was going to have to just choke it up. This is what he was asking for instead of money. FYE ended being a dinky little shop. I think the weirdest part of that visit was the section that had the black metal sheets with a playboy bunny on the front that slid over the top of the Porn movies. I couldn't believe that they sold that stuff. I wasn't too impressed. We then headed back to Wasilla to our own Walmart, got some treats for our movie at home once kids were in bed, and the Birthday presents from Papa Steve. Then to our own Sports Authority where Jake needed new work shoes, and new casual shoes. We both needed socks. So we got them, it was great, we went to Target to get some wrapping paper with a gift card for Theron's Birthday presents. Then a stop off at the bank to get some cash for Austin, and a quick stop to Dairy Queen for a tag-a-long shake (I paid for later, and so did everyone else, sorry Jake) Our Anniversary ended up being spent more on kids than for us. Kurt's pants, Theron's wrapping paper and birthday presents. Kind of silly how the kids are always with us even when they're not. We came home to all the kids alive and well. The boys did a fabulous job of watching the younger kids. Theron was still alive and so was EmberLee LOL. I figured she would act out just for them LOL. She did well though. We ended up putting kids right to bed, and we put on our TV series, it's a BBC that we rent from netflix, 'Monarch of the Glen' We're finally in the 6th Season. Our Anniversary was awesome. I'm so glad that we are growing closer as a couple here in Alaska. It's neat to be able to reminisce about our years together. It doesn't seem that long ago. But it seems to be forever ago that we had just met. I love our life together. Especially the family we have together.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy Anniverary! Sounds like you had a fun night. Anything is fun when you can get away without kids, even when you end up shopping for them. I am glad to hear you guys are doing so well. We miss you.

Sydney got a kick out of her messages from you. She only looked slightly embarrassed to hear about Jake farting, I know it was very reminisent for her.

Ty, I'm glad you liked that picture of the kids. Now that your not here I have to take them myself. I miss you being my own personal photographer.