Saturday, October 3, 2009

CENTERS

Some of you know that the boys have blogs that they are suppose to be posting their journals on. We have also been learning Grammar. Watching them do this I've learned that basic sentence structure isn't happening. So I thought that we would work on that some. I was able to check out some fun hands on tools to help them learn this things. We call them 'Centers' EmberLee is working on sight words. Thursday we did one of the center projects. She played hide and seek with her sight words. I taped them all over the house at her level and she had a I spy square that she would find it with and then she'd write the word down on her wipe off. She had a lot of fun. I don't know how much she actually learned with that practice, but I'm sure it will come over a few practices. The kids love doing Centers for English. Once I know the boys can actually form a sentence I'll put them back on their blogs. I'll keep you posted on when that happens.

4 comments:

Someone else said...

You are doing such a great job with the homeschooling of your kids. It makes me seriously think about doing the same thing. Is the program you are using available outside of Alaska? Keep up the great work.

Wilson Clan said...

Those are way cool!! Em looks like she was having fun. It's great to hear about the kids progress and fun they are having. Kudos to you though....I could NEVER homeschool Bug. I don't how you manage with all teh kids home:)

Norm and Frances said...

I wonder why more teachers don't incorporate things like that in the classroom. Maybe it is because of class size, but you sure have been doing a good job. There seem to be so many great ideas to keep them interested in learning.

Way to go!

Lowe Family said...

There sure are a lot of cool things to help with homeschooling. It's great!