Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween projects in progression

We've been working on our Halloween projects. We're making a big black spider, and bats to hang from the ceiling. For our bats they're egg cartons cut up into groups of 3, we've painted them all black and cut a u on the ends so that you can see the natural v shapes on the back. then we're putting string up through the middle and adding googley eyes. This will be our front porch with spider webbing, lights, and don't cross tape.....eww creepy. For the body we blew up a balloon and did paper mache with our home made paste, waited 3 days for it to dry and then painted it black. We hot glued 8 eyes, and 8 tin foil legs and a tin foil head :) While we were making our bats we had a horrible parenting moment. We were quietly painting our bats and then Bridger put his wet painted bat upside down and slid it on the table covered in plastic. He was feeling a bit discouraged. Then he said, "ho...holy shit" and I bust out in laughter (horrible thing to do if your trying to be a good parent) then I remember that the video camera was on....ask about it, then laugh some more (just had to laugh at my horrible parenting skills caught on tape). Then I decided to do a great job at parenting, telling Bridger that we don't say those words...I have contemplated putting this on our blog or not, but in the end I think we all have moments of being not so great at parenting, so ultimately I think I've decided to do it. Unfortunately, the 5 or 6 times I've tried, it won't let me. So you can just pretend you've seen it and laugh at either Bridger swearing, or me laughing. Either way, we shouldn't do either of them. I'm sure some of you know where he's learned his awesome vocabulary. I would have to say it probably isn't Jake. But I'm doing better with my swearing here in Alaska, but sometimes I still slip. Again, I'll keep trying with that video and our missionary eating cup cakes in one bite video also. What is up with Blogger and the video...anyone else having issues?

1 comment:

Norm and Frances said...

I don't think there is a parent on this earth that can say they have never made a mistake. Heaven knows I sure made a ton of them with my kids. It has never ceased to amaze me how much you can love your children, and want the best for them, but still mess up so much. And a lot of times when we make mistakes with our children, it is not something that is easily corrected, but we just have to learn from the experience and go on.
There are a ton of things that, if I could, I would go back and do differently, but I can't. My kids are older now, and I can't do anything about the way they feel about me, but I can still love them with all of my heart and try to let them know that. I can do my best from here on out.