Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just a Party

A couple of weeks ago Jake and I were invited to go to the Bishops' Christmas party. It was really fun. A lot of people went, some people that we knew and other people we didn't know. When we got there we played a fun game where we had kitchen items written on a card and pinned to your back, we had to ask everyone else, but our spouses. Jake ended up being a fry pan and I began out as a whip...lol, after the joke of "that's not a kitchen appliance" I was switched to a whisk...who calls a wisk a whip??? Apparently Bishop Holbrook and his family growing up. After that, we echoed a Wedding shower, or something lol...we guessed what Christmas songs were on the list, with a questionaire. We ate yummy food, then had a white elephant gift exchange...too fun. Jake ended up with a can of air for his paintball gun. I got an AWESOME snowman jewelry box of some sort...definitely qualified for a white elephant gift. It was fun to go and intermingle with new friends. It was nice to be invited...I first thought it was a "bishopric party" but it clearly wasn't. I'm glad that we are considered cool enough to hang out.

2 comments:

Lowe Family said...

THat's great that you guys went. Looks like fun!

Someone else said...

How fun. Christmas parties are a blast. It's always nice to be invited.