Friday, December 11, 2009

Alaskan Winter

I'm learning that besides the dark sky, and the cold snow that doesn't melt in Alaska, it's beautiful. Each time it snows it's so cold that the snow that lands on the trees doesn't melt. But it's so beautiful. When you drive down the road your headlights make the trees sparkle. Even though it's cold and dark...it is beautiful. I've noticed also that it stays cold so you don't see a lot of Ice Cycles hanging off buildings and houses. I've heard that will change, but I'm still weirded out that we still have snow on the ground, it hasn't melted and isn't even coming close to thinking about melting. I do like the beauty here though, it's addicting, even in the cold.

3 comments:

Virginia said...

This is beautiful!

Norm and Frances said...

The trees are beautiful. You are so lucky you have such beautiful things to look at when you look out the windows!!!

Someone else said...

The Lord created the beauty of the earth so that we could have joy here. Even in a place that is so dark and cold all the time you are still able to find the beauty. I think that is wonderful.