Sunday, January 24, 2010

Make up and Polish

So lately the younger kids have been getting into a few things. EmberLee has been the instigator. I know what a change right. The 2 little boys have been right behind her. I'm not sure what has made her regress, but some of the things she gets into is finger nail polish. I used to allow her to get a towel and let her paint her own nails at the table. She was able to do a good job and put it all away when she was done. Of course with supervision. But apparently the last time I let her meant that she could get into it when ever she wanted to. So she has snuck the paint out and she has painted the inside of her dresser. She has left it out so that her brothers can play in it also. Bridger painted our downstairs bathroom counter. He didn't only paint it but he tried to clean it up which made it way worse. I would have taken pictures, but I was too upset. Luckily I was able to get it out with fingernail polish remover. It was also dumped on her bed, on Bridger's bed, on the carpet in their room and on the banister going downstairs. I was able to get it out of most everything except for the carpet, and the sheet on her bed, ohh and her mattress. Of course no one will ever fess up. This is usually going on when either the boys are babysitting, or when I'm in the bathroom, or otherwise occupied. This time it was pulled down from my closet shelf (that is higher than I can reach) and somehow (NO ONE knows how) Theron was able to use it on his face, hair and glopped it on his clothes. This took a few days to wear off his skin and hair, I didn't want to put the fingernail polish this close to his eye...Luckily he didn't get any in his eye. The other favorite thing that EmberLee likes to get into is my make up. This is about the 3rd time this week that she has painted Bridger. She also does her face but hers isn't as dramatic. Bridger says that she tells him to hold still or she will tell mom that he did something...I'm not sure why kids learn to black mail one another, but the boys also play that game. It worked apparently. Before the missionaries came over for dinner I was able to get babywash and scrub it off his little face. Wouldn't that have been pretty for church tomorrow :) I wish that my children could stay out of my things. What does a mom have to do to keep kids OUT??? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Someone else said...

I feel your pain. Megan is in to the same phase. Her two favorite items to "paint" with are toothpaste and fingernail polish. No matter what I do I can't keep her out of them.

Wilson Clan said...

Oh boy!! My what a little stinker she is turning into. How in the world did she get it down? Wonder what you could get into of hers that would upset her? LOL If I think of anything, I'll let you know. In the mean time...good luck