Monday, January 18, 2010

Something NEW

This last week has been very eventful. The down time I've been learning how to sew. It's been very fun to have Erin come and teach me. She's patient and is willing to give me direction. She is so talented. She can look at a picture and make it. She can use a pattern and rarely look at the directions. She reminds me of my mom and her abilities with a sewing machine. She is fun to watch and fun to learn from. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I was given to learn something that I've failed at for years. This time, I was able to buy fabric at walmart for $1.50 a yard. A pattern for a Maxi dress, and a zipper....Erin helped me lay it out, cut it out, and sew it. She whipped EmberLee out a dress in a few hours. Yesterday I sewed the little blue shirt with NO help. Some guidance, but I was the only one sewing that fabric. It was nice to learn how to do a french seam, and darts. I'm working on Teddy bears right now. And I am doing it :) I am accomplishing something different. I have NEVER DONE BEFORE. AND IT FEELS GOOD.

9 comments:

Lowe Family said...

Looks Great!!! Now you can make things and no one else will have the same thing :) Good Job!

karijean said...

I am so proud of you Ty! You guys look great!!! BTW-we are really loving the piano! it is a big part of our lives. miss you guys!

Teresa said...

Woo hoo! Way to go TY! That is amazing! You are becoming an AMAZING homemaker. I'm jelouse! I love you!

Candace said...

Emberlee looks so darling! Way to go.

Nancy said...

Cuteness Ty. They look great. I love Ember's 'hot to trot' pose in the last pic. She is getting so grown up and cute. I can tell she feels pretty special standing next to you in the first pic. Good job learning a new skill. I bet it feels good learning something that your mother was so good at. Now you can carry on that talent. I bet it also keeps the bordom away.

Tara said...

Good job! I like EmberLee's expression, just like a model. Yeah, I know I'm all that.

Someone else said...

How fun. You did a great job. EmberLee's blue shirt is amazing. I thought it was too expensive to make the girl's clothes but now I am going to try. You are an inspiration.

Wilson Clan said...

Way to go Martha. LOL They're both cute. I love how many new skills you are learning. Can't wait to see what else you're sewing. :)

Virginia said...

Congratulations! You both look fantastic! Amazing! It's so fun to get new skills! I know your mom is so proudl. You have her sewing machine, right?

Have fun on your next projects.