Monday, February 22, 2010

EMERGENCY BLOG!!!

What happens when there is too much rushing going on, and people are playing the "slamming door" game?

We get a very sad little girl,
















and a hurt little baby.












EmberLee was rushing in and out of the bathroom and was slamming the door when Theron was trying to go in. His hand got stuck in the hinge of the door and she couldn't get it to shut so she had to "try" again and this is our injury. When I first saw it I was certain that it was crushed. I'm still not too sure. This was nap time though, so he ended up calming down and taking a nap with his Daddy. In the mean time his big sister was having an ever loving melt down. She felt AWFUL. I'm so glad that she was upset. I know that she loves her little brother. She kept saying, "What if he has to go to the hospital, I hurt him bad" in between sobs of course. I was in tears watching EmberLee so sad. Jake took care of Theron, and I loved EmberLee. I was explaining that we all knew it was an accident. So once again I think I may talk Jake into taking the doors off the hinges....or teach the kids not to slam the doors..OH WAIT, I think we might have learned a lesson...kind of like the one EmberLee learned when I told her the burner was hot, but she touched it anyways. She remembers that so well and WON'T touch the burner ever again :) Got to love the lessons learned through experience.

10 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

Poor Theron. Can we say OUCH!. Maybe Em will learn. Good thing she felt bad :( I'm glad you didn't have to take him in.

Virginia said...

Such a sad girl. I'm glad you were able to give her some extra time to talk with her and love her. Oh, Theron's little finger. It looks like it hurts SO bad. i hope it is okay.
It sounds like this will be a lesson learned and hopefully no more slammed doors. Oh, my heart goes out to both of them..and to you and Jake. It is so hard to see your children hurt.

Someone else said...

Wow that looks painful!I bet Emberly feels so bad. Those are hard parenting times. Unfortunately, some lessons are learned the hard way.

Candace said...

Oh that finger looks terrible! Poor Theron... Poor Emberlee. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor kiddos - both of them! I'm not gonna lie, I hate the whole learn-by-experience thing sometimes. Especially when it involves pain...

Super cute new header by the way!

karijean said...

I'm so sorry! I have had that happen at my house where one of my boys have slammed Ammon's finger in the door and I just felt like a bad mom. I was the one crying--not the boys!! It wasn't as bad as poor little Theron's though. Hope he's okay.

Norm and Frances said...

Did you take him to the doctor???? I am amazed that it isn't broken!!! Of course they won't do anything until the swelling goes down, will they? Poor baby, and poor Ember. May have hurt her worse than it did him.

r said...

OUCH! His finger looks awful!! I hope it gets better quickly and that the lesson has been learned :)

Tara said...

Ouch! That finger looks awful, I hope that he recovers well. Yuck...

Candace said...

Hey Ty, I hope you're doing all right. I'd love to know where you're at with surgery, recovery, etc.
I also wanted to let you know that we've changed our blog address:
http://mcfamilycircus.blogspot.com/
Please keep in touch!