I need to say that obviously I am recovering from a major surgery. All is well. I did want to put a disclosure of the picture that is available through a link. If you want to see it
click here, if not don't and you don't have to see the Uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. It is cut up from the bottom of the cervix all the way up to the top of the uterus. this is what it looks like opened. The side that is on your left that has a white bubble is the cyst that is starting to form, it's obviously not 5 cm yet, but I'm sure it was on its way to something great :).
NO PERIODS FOR ME....
but I'm trading them for estrogen
I'm finally blogging the day of surgery. It won't be long, because before I knew it, I was out and my day consisted of a lot of sleeping :) However the story is always fun to tell. We left REALLY early at like 5:45am.
We headed to the hospital to get checked in, and ready....I went to get checked in and ready, not we. Virginia and Jake were there though :). After getting checked in, I got in a room and was told to strip...
like surgery could be done with my clothes on right? I was given these "hot" stockenettes, they hold all your fat in and then some :). Mine went from my thighs down to my toes, but my toes where hanging out...hello.
This little piggy went to market, this little piggy went home, this little piggy had roast beef, and this little piggy had none, but this little piggy went.....I had to put these on so that after surgery I could have good blood flow in my legs, and lower the risk of having blood clots. I had the compression pumps on each leg also. that was nice though, it was like having a leg massage for a few days straight :). I went over my many procedures a few times nearly with everyone different that came into my room...Kim, my Pre-Op Nurse, Ernie, my Anesthesiologist, Lynn, my nurse in the OR, my Doctor, Dr Oliver....to clear it up, yes I'm having a
laproscopic, vaginal assisted total hysterectomy,
Coopers Ligament suspension,
Cystoscopy , and a small umbilical hernia. We went over the process of going on pain meds after surgery (nice and slow), so that I didn't need to be bagged again (like last time). Before I was taken back, Ryan (our family friend that helped us here to AK) came in and helped Jake give me a blessing. I got an IV for my stay there at the hospital. I facebooked for a bit and then was taken back into
the room and strapped on the table for the "ride" of my life. If you don't have a seat belt on, you could fall off :). I have this thing I do when I go "under", I like to see how long I can fight it. I thought I did really well..... Just like that I was done....for me anyways. however, Jake and Virginia waited 3 hours instead of the 2 that was explained. I bled a little more than normal, but I was fine. The 5cm endometrioma was not there, however there was a small cyst starting. There wasn't any endometriosis that was visible, but it was just a matter of time before it would be, and worse than before. Endometriosis is a breeding ground for cancer. I was cramping more than ever before surgery, and having migraines 3 to 4 days a week. I was having periods every other week. It was a blessing to get in there and have it not as bad as the CT Scan and the ultrasound had shown. I was so grateful to get a blessing before surgery. When I was waking up, I asked for Jake, and got him. I cried like a 2 year old in the worst pain ever. I was slowly given all sorts of things apparently dilaudid doesn't work for me. I remember crying, but couldn't loose it or whimper, because the pain would be so bad if I moved. Eventually Moriphine was used and I finally felt relief, it was amazing. I was brought to my room and I slept.Once the pain meds started to wear off, I was back in the same boat. I eventually got morphine on a pump. I could push the button every 6 minutes. This also meant that my sleep was horrible, because after 6 minutes of sleep I'd be waken from the horrible pain, so I'd push the button and then awww, 8 minutes would go by, and I would be back in the same boat. It was horrid. The first night I wanted Jake to go home and sleep so that he could be of use to me the next morning. Virginia stayed the 1st night with me, she got to witness the "horrible" nurse. While I was on the morphine, my oxygen would drop, so I had an oxygen cannula up my nose. I also had a oximeter on my toe. The machine would beep and would remind me to breath. AND I WOULD :). That night right before Jake was leaving it kept going off every time I would scratch my foot (it itched, so I HAD to scratch it). I asked the nurse if she could adjust it so the alarm would stop going off. I knew that I needed it, the alarm was helping me breath deep when it would go off. Just a reminder you know. Well when the nurse came in, she went over to the machine, I thought she was turning it off...I told her that I didn't want her to turn it off, and she bit back, and said, "I know the policies, I don't need...." I interupted her and reasured her that I wasn't telling her the policies, I just thought she was turning it off. Mind you this all "ticked" me off, she took my blood pressure and it was 142/69. That was proof enough to me that when your mad it does effect your blood pressure. Lisa (the nurse from hell) was kissing my butt the rest of the night. She was short a few times, and I'm sure that she knew she was in the wrong. Later though was even better...at 5am or so my pump kept beeping.
Like any hospital stay, what would a hospital stay be like if you had DEAD SILENCE? I was on the OB ward because there wasn't any room anywhere else. The nurses on that level didn't know how to operate the pain pump. So apparently that meant that "pain pump 101" was going to go on at a VERY LOUD VOLUME in my room 108. Virginia and I were trying to sleep...me being me, I was agitated on drugs anyways, and tired as I'll get out, and 2 stupid selfish nurses in my room with no consideration for me or my guest. I'm not one to ignore situations like this. I definitely voiced up. The Ty you all know, interrupted and clued these dumb women in..."I know that your lesson 101 has to go on, but I don't know if you realize what time it is, or the situation your in...I'm trying to sleep and so is my mom, do you think you could go somewhere else to do that?" they stared at each other and kept going, like seriously who the hell does that??? So I interrupted again and said, "Seriously, PLEASE!!!" They both left but not without glaring at me first. They went out in the hall and started talking smack. I only know this because one of my friends that works at the hospital overheard them talking about what just happened. She thought it was funny. Again, I couldn't wait till the hospital called for the "rate our hospital after your stay" call...UGhh. My nurse came in shortly and I apologized if I was in the wrong, and she assured me that I wasn't. That made me feel a little better. The next morning Dr Oliver came in and ripped off my bandages lol...I was numb and didn't feel any of it. I looked
AWESOME, like someone hit me with a bat. I got a shower, catheter and all, I walked the halls that day, catheter and all. The 2nd night Jake stayed the night with me, I was moved over to the pills and had my catheter taken out Sunday afternoon. I was able to urinate, in fact I seemed to be going every 10 minutes...UGhhh. It seemed like I wasn't making any progress. I could barely "go" sitting on a toilet it was so frustrating. Dr Oliver came in and told me he wanted me to stay another night, and I couldn't stand the thought of this nurse from hell, for another night. I didn't like her, I didn't feel like she would listen to me at all. I felt like a burden. I just wanted to be home. So Jake and I went home Sunday night even though Dr Oliver wanted me to stay one more night to get on top of the pain better. We drove and picked up EmberLee from the VanAusdals and was on our way home. It was snowing and Jake felt that the back roads where the best way to go. I wasn't aloud to drive for 2 weeks, just in case of the need to hit the brakes. Dr Oliver didn't want me to be popping stitches. Jake wasn't paying attention, and someone stopped in front of us to turn left. Jake wasn't prepared and pumped the brakes, we just ended up doing a 360 in the middle of the road and missed like 5 cars. My foot hit the floor just the same as if there was a brake. We ended up in the ditch, and someone helped us out. I didn't need to say much to Jake, he felt dumb enough...I was a tad bit concerned about popping stitches though. After we got home I got comfortable and took my drugs faithfully and went to bed. It was great seeing the kids after 2 days of a drug induced daze. They all treated me as precious cargo. Bridger was so careful around me and Theron was just as still. He knew I was hurt. They all were very good to me after such an ordeal.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh, Tyra, what an ordeal! I can't even imagine what you've been through. I hope you are getting better and more able to function. I'm so glad that Virginia was able to come help you for a while. You're a tough woman, and I hope after you're recovery you won't have any many problems.
Yeah! Finally you received the pictures. It was SO fun to read your blog (finally) and remember. You always do a great job describing the situations. I remember the nurse from hell. Oh my! i was able to chuckle this time!
It would have been interesting if they put a pencil or some object next to your "spare parts" to get an idea of how big the baby house is.
GREAT BLOG! Love ya!
Oh, and I loved reading what you wrote underneath the cross-outs. You are a riot!
I'm so glad you are feeling better. I can't imagine how hard the recovery has been and still continues to be. That was quite a huge ordeal. I see it hasn't hurt your sense of humor any. Your posts are so funny even when they're about serious stuff. I bet it is sweet to see the kids treat you so tenderly. I hope everything continues to go in the right direction for you. Keep up the good work.
Wow... I feel kind of speechless...
You've been through such a HUGE ordeal and I'm so sorry about the lousy nurses and the off-roading on the way home. You are SO strong - seriously! You're in my prayers. I hope this brings every possible benefit it can into your life.
at least you had an exciting trip home and some skating fun to boot :)
Sounds like a real adventure, from start to finish! I learned about nurses from hell, but most of the ones I dealt with were angels!!!!
It is good to hear things are getting better for you. I bet the kids are a big help.
Post a Comment