Monday after surgery wasn't too bad. Although I was on pain meds constantly. I woke up in the night at 1am and again at 5am for pain meds. The pain meds orally has worked better than IV pain meds. The oral stays in your system much longer. Before I got up Virginia was up and enjoying my kids. They had to show Grandma the snow hill
.
I woke up around 9am to a quiet house, kids taken care of, laundry done, and my house nice and clean. When I worked myself down the stairs to make sure no one was dead, I had found kids obeying and actually playing nicely with one another. I was able to get comfortable on the couch, but not before getting into trouble for picking up Theron. I honestly didn't even think twice about picking him up. Since that moment, Virginia was hovering over Theron, especially when he came near me. She WOULDN'T let it happen again.
He did lots of other fun things like playing in the Toy Box. Theron does this on a regular basis. If we have the big box out he's sitting in it with all of his toys. It was funny to see him doing it with Grandma here.
Kurtis did his normal thing, like sit with the fridge door open when he's asked to do something. He's always eating something, good thing he has a fast metabolism.
My Austin did a lot of things after his school work was done. Like his Nintendo DS. Luckily for him too his metabolism is also fast. He loves video games, whether it be on a computer, with Jake on the Xbox 360 or just on his DS.
Of course we can't forget laptops :) Grandma was facinated that 3 year old Bridger can use a laptop. It is pretty cool.
We had some Daddy time. We do this a lot, but to have Grandma here and the camera's out we needed to take advantage of the happy time with everyone. Grandma also got her own turn with Pics and grandkids.
Then we watched Theron push his head around on the floor, this is his new entertainment.
.
The next day Wedsnesday we did more of the same thing, but EmberLee was finally coaxed into finally taking a shower. I pulled her hair up.That usually does it for her. She turns into a model once she feels nice and pretty. Of course we had to have some more out side time. Kurt loves to be outside. So he bundled Bridger up and took him out. I do remember him taking him around, but Bridger didn't last very long. In fact, I think it took longer to get his winter gear on, than it did to actually play outside.
Thursday afternoon Grandma took Theron for a little spin on the scooter. He even had sound effects.
Thursday I felt well enough to go out of the house, so I had Jake drive us to a store Learning Essentials. I like to get homeschooling supplies there. We needed more Science stuff. So I found some kits that the boys could use for Science. They were pretty cool. They had them busted out the next morning, after of course doing their chores WITH EASE might I add. When I came down they had already finished and I had barely enough time to record the finish product. Grandma was on the ball and had taken picture during the building/learning process. They had a blast. We had Aubry come visit us on Friday, Aubry is Virginia's daughter. She lives in Anchorage. It was fun to have her come and visit. She had fun playing with Theron. I'm glad she had a chance to come and visit Virginia while she was here.
Last but not least. The little boys had so much fun playing with blocks or balls or whatever toys were out. Theron had stuffed his shirt so full of blocks and then tried to climb up on the chair but had so many blocks in his shirt it hurt him, so he could climb up on the table. I think we found our new way of keeping him from climbing on the table. Before we just stacked chairs away from the table, now I think we'll just put blocks in his onesie...What do you think. Before I knew it my week was over and Virginia had to go. She went quick and our house was too busy when she did. So there weren't any tears. I was so GRATEFUL for the help that she offered while she was here. I'm so glad that my Dad let her come. I don't know that I would have had anyone else. She is such a neat lady. One of the most important people in my life.

10 comments:
the kids are getting way too big!!! I'm glad that your recovery is going okay.
Family help is such a blessing. Reading this post reminds me of the really difficult recovery I had after my c-section with Gabe. I don't know how I would have survived without family help. And when you talked about picking up Theron without thinking about it, I KNOW exactly what you mean. After my c-sections, the hardest thing to STOP doing is picking up kids!
Hang in there - you are so strong.
Virginia is pretty awesome!!! You are lucky to have her. The pictures are great. I love seeing the kids!!!!
You take care of yourself, and by spring you will be good as new and can jump on a trampoline!!!!!
I'm so glad that Virginia was there is help you as well. Looks like she took great care of your kids. Maybe they've learned how to obey and keep the house clean now for you. You need some help. Hope you are getting better and better. Hang in there!
Thanks Ty for the nice comments. I, however, was the one who benefitted from the trip. I LOVED being there and helping and playing with the children. Home School was fun. The science day was awesome. So fun to see Kurtis make a car that moved, and Austin to make a battery that turned on a light. What smart young men! Yes, I was amazed that Bridger was so adept at using the laptop. I loved playing card games with Ember and Bridger. Then of course it was so fun playing with Theron and seeing how big he is. Yes, I leaned to move quick whenever he went by Ty. It was fun to see what a great husband and dad that Jake is. What wonderful memories I have and I'm so lucky that I was able to spend time with your terrific family. I miss you all!
I was glad you had family help too. It is a blessing to have family there when you need them. You have good kids and tey r real cute.
You weren't kidding me when you said it was an eventful time :) I'm so glad Virginia was there and that the kids were well behaved. I love the pics. The kids are getting so big!! My how time flies. Love and miss you all
Having family is a wonderful thing! I'm glad you had help.
That was a busy first week of recovery for you. The good thing is it didn't sound like you were in too much pain (I'm sure that's why you didn't think twice about picking up the baby.) I'm so glad that you had help for that week. Having family around is wonderful. I hope the recovery continues to go as smoothly. Keep up the good work.
TY, TY, TY! how do you do it all? geez girl! you are AMAZING! I am glad things are going well and you had family to help you! you are without a doubt WONDERWOMAN!
love ya girl!
Post a Comment