
Before surgery I was suppose to give haircuts and didn't get to it. So all the boys were NEEDI

NG one after my 4 weeks of recovery came up. Kurt looked like he could sport an afrow. He was trying to convince me that he wanted to grow it out. I did convince him that his hair was too think and shaggy to leave. It reminded me of the time that he wouldn't throw away his favorite shoes. He named them even. I don't remember what, but he had a hard time letting go. His hair was the issue this day. He was convinced it was "part of him". In the mean time I had to oil my clippers 3 times during his haircut alone. He's got some THICK hair. He's a good lookin' kid. LOL...Doesn't he look much better with a haircut....It's the winter and he's got extremely dry lips. He wants everyone to know that he doesn't wear lipstick :)

My Austin is quite the cartoonist. He spent about a half hour drawing and when he was done I asked him to take a picture. He's such a character.

So a few months ago we were given the chance to store some "cow tongue" Sarah from Jake's work called and the conversation went something like this: The phone rang, Jake: Hi.....yeah, I'd love to have some tongue.....no.....I just want the tongue....Thanks so much, I'll see ya at work. During this conversation, my eyebrow was raised and the boys were laughing. Kurt and Austin were convinced that Jake had a girl friend. Once Jake hung up he told me that Sarah from work has cows that she slaughters and that she was saving the cow tongue for him. She wasn't sure if he wanted the heart too, so she called. He later brought it home were it sat in our freezer for a bit. Jake finally got the time and courage to do something with this nasty thing. He attempted a Chilean Delicacy. I wasn't impressed....Although I refused to eat it. Jake told me it tasted similar to liver. That's where I refused. He said that his Mamita from his mission made it so good. Obviously we're going to have to try that there in Chile. But the kids were so impressed with the cow tongue they had to take a picture. Imagine storing this in your freezer for a bit :)
6 comments:
Kurt does look so good with his hair cut. You did such a good job. I need to learn how to cut boys hair like that.
Austin has got some serious tallent. Tell him to keep it up. He should keep a binder of his drawings so he can see his progress.
I don't know that I would have allowed that tounge in my house, let alone near my food. That was some nasty tounge. I can't believe people eat that thing. I'll stick to chicken.
Ewwww! That tongue is nastiest thing I've ever seen! Yuck!!
And seriously, Ty, you've got some mad braiding skills!
I like Kurts new hair cut. It makes him look so grown up. How time flies. I loved the character Aus drew. Quite the artist. The tongue however made me puke in my mouth. GROSS!! :)
If he is trying to get you to eat it by telling you it taste like liver he needs to work on his convincing skills. that is SICK!!! Although he did make me spaghetti with a fried egg on top one time and I loved it!
Mega nasty!!!!!! No way Jose!!!! Not!!!
I can't believe Austin drew that!!! He is really getting good. Is Kurtis still drawing??? He is good too. We want to see more!!!!!
By the way, I decided I wanted to make my own lip balm so I looked up a ton of recipes on the internet. I found one that is made with some very simple ingredients and would be very inexpensive to have around for Kurtis. Will send you the recipe.
Post a Comment