Sunday, April 18, 2010
Easter/Conference
Sorry it's taking so long to blog. I have had my own issues I'm trying to deal with. But none the less, I'm blogging.
For Easter/Conference we invited a new family over. We have learned that getting new friends takes sacrifice on our part. We can't gain them if we're don't earn them :) Meet the Cornelius's. Ted is the Financial Clerk in our ward. They're family is extremely quiet, but don't let them fool you, they are some very neat people. I've gotten to know Amanda on Facebook. I've seemed to found my lost soul. We have so much in common except I'm a loud mouth and she's the complete opposite. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one out there....(for those that are going to be offended by that comment, just know it wasn't meant like that, and just know that I'm using that phrase in a way to explain how I feel, not to get on anyone). Their family does Karate. Ted is a Stage 4 Black Belt. It was fun between conferences to watch them work their stuff. The girls have some serious balance. They have 3 girls, the oldest is 10 I believe and her name is Natysha (I'm certain I am spelling that wrong and for that I'm sorry). Their second is Sasha she's 8 or 9. She's my favorite. She is so quiet, but very sincere. I love when I can make eye contact with her and I can tease a smile out of her. I hope to get her to open up a bit. She is so sweet. Their youngest is Enalee she's 7. She love to with Ember. All the girls do, when they're over EmberLee is in hog heaven. So many girls to play with. We enjoyed having them over. We hope to get to know them more.
This is a picture of Natysha
This is Enalee
Of course Theron during our Easter egg hunt on Sunday. Every time he'd see the camera he's give me the cheesiest grin ever. He's so funny.
This is Sasha. She my favorite :)
This is Kurt and Bridger on the Easter Egg hunt, I paired them up. It was fun watching the older boys help the little boys.
Of course Ember on the Search. We did things a little different this year. We didn't do a million little eggs, we choose to do 1 big egg that had a lot of different treats in it. Including a scripture that referred to the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. It was so cold they wouldn't have lasted to long to find lots anyways. So I thought. Ted and Amanda had brought over 50 eggs that they had planned to hide and pretty much begged our kids to find them and have some. I didn't do any boiled or dyeing this year. But it didn't seem like the kids missed out much. They stayed focused on what it was about and were fine with that. They didn't get anything big either like we have done in the past. I was working on EmberLee's dress still and it will double as the Sock Hop dance that is coming up. Instead of the bigger gift we got them pez candy's to go with their massive egg. They were all happy and content :)
Jake of course wasn't too happy about hiding eggs or getting up, he wasn't happy about going outside in the cold on a quiet Sunday afternoon between conferences. This smile is completely fake. But sometimes Fake is better than none at all....
This is Amanda and Ted. Very fun to have them over.
After the little kids were done, I had Jake hide the boy's eggs. He did such a great job, they had a really hard time finding them.
I loved having some new friends come join us for something that we're usually with family for. It's so hard for me to do holidays here in Alaska without our family. It's made us stronger and it has made me realize that it was so great to have had the chance to spend the time we had with our families. We miss all you so much. Words can't describe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's fun to read about the new friends you are making. What a great idea to put a scripture about the resurrection in the eggs. We miss getting together with you guys, so THANKS for blogging all these great things so we can still enjoy what is going on. Thanks for taking the time to blog and share. You are having great experiences there that you wouldn't have if you were here. Sounds like an awesome Easter day!
We didn't die eggs this year either. The kids never even asked for it. Anyway, it sounds like you had a great time with your new friends. Holidays can be so hard when you are so far away. I'm glad you reached out and found some friends to share them with.
Post a Comment