Thursday, May 20, 2010

OUCH!!!

A crazy story that has pain and joy.....I've thought about sharing, and because I am up and can't sleep, I'm going to share it.....The other day....If any of you laugh.......well then you will have joined the party......Monday my kids asked if we could go on a bike ride. Austin offered up his bike for me, because hey, now that the boys have 2 bikes each, I can take the one that's handy. Kurt offered to go and borrow a bike trailer from our awesome friends down the road (Becky and Adam Ames). They had even gone to the trouble of picking it up and hooking it up to the bike for me. All I had to do was shower and get my face on. They even had the boys (Bridger and Theron) buckled into this cool little contraption. I put on the helmet and listened to my boys make wise cracks at how it's pretty funny to see me on a bike. My big butt might even engulf the seat. I didn't doubt that part one bit. I got on, and in my amazement, I still knew how to ride a bike......I did rode EmberLee's bike through walmart before we bought it (I was making sure it worked)....but to get on a bike with a bike trailer attached, was just miraculous.....So off we went. The idea was to go from our house to Lucille.....the silly map shows us to go around starting at A and going to church and then to spruce.....we didn't do that at all. We went from Ridgewood to Ashford, then to Spruce....this line (road) is right under the A itself, can you see it??....I don't want you to get confused, because that ride around Church Road would have been COMPLETELY impossible for me :) This simple map doesn't give the ride at all any justice. The hills seemed HUGE. On the map it looks as if the road is straight.......IT'S NOT!!! I drive this road ALL THE TIME. Every Sunday, a few times. On a bike however, it's completely different. I have to say that my legs were ON FIRE all the way there. Even with Bridger and Theron in the back cheering me on. When we finally got to Lucille we took a small break, got a nice big drink of water, and then headed back home. I might add that the hills weren't anything like they were there.....and it might have helped that Kurtis shared a minor detail.....he said that my seat may be too low. Making me work my legs more than I needed to.....So some minor adjustments helped a lot. I finally got home.....ALIVE, barely, might I add......and so tired I could barely climb the stairs to put Theron down for his nap. The boys took it upon themselves to return the trailer.....thank goodness, because I wasn't sure if I could.. I have to say that 4 miles later I felt accomplished......sort of. It was nice to breath the fresh air, and to finally get out with the kids. EmberLee was such a great trooper on her new bike. The boys made me a bit nervous darting all over the trails showing off with all their fancy tricks and such. I was able to get out and give those baby boys the ride of their life.....because I may NEVER do it again....It was a life time experience.....Now I need to share the next day trials with you.... I decided that it felt so great to get out that I wanted to take the kids to the park. So I offered to pick up Candy's kids too....She was in Anchorage taking a test for school so I figured it wouldn't be much fun with just us. So Rueben, Alex, and Danny came with us. We didn't go to the park with all the bike trails because it was too jammed with school kids on field trips....way too packed for my liking. So we decided to go to the spiney park. We call it that because it's the only park left in the world with a merry-go-round.....Remember this? Last time we went Jake spun the boys (Kurt and Austin) so fast that Kurt jumped off and puked all over. As a by standard that day I laughed out loud (it was funny) in my defense for laughing at my barfing son, he was laugh too, in between puking. I guess you could have only been there. So before you judge me as a bad parent, remember.....I was only laughing with him, not at him. :) ....so away we went...we played there for a bit, I even rode the teeter-totter. The unfortunate thing about this was, it reminded me that my butt didn't fit on the bike seat the day before. The pelvic floor of my groin felt as if someone beat my butt bones with a sludge hammer. I would have sworn that I had black bruises on the bottom of my butt....TMI I know.....I'm just trying to give you an idea of how it felt....I was in agony. When I was on the other side of the teeter-totter with Rueben (That weighs well over my weight) he gave me some height. My sore butt landed on that metal butt framed seat. I swore my tail bone was cracked for sure. I hopped off so fast they all though I might be related to a rabbit. I was in near tears as I limped away. Today now brings me to my new pain. I can't sit on a soft couch without being reminded of my pain. Not only does the floor of my butt hurt, but my tailbone too. It feels AWESOME (YES, that was sarcasm). ....I'm not really sure if there is a moral to this story. In fact, I'm not too sure if I learned any lessons from this at all.....I still would want to ride bikes with my kids (maybe get a different seat), and I would still love to go to the park(not ride on the teeter-todder with Rueben, or anyone bigger than me). I have to say that this week I'M NOT LAZY :). That's something to put down on the calendar. Sore butt and all :) So now we're on Thursday and I have to get back in gear and try to be more effective here IN the house. We have found a place to move to that is closer to our ward building (which will make appointments on Sunday for Jake much easier, it will take a lot less gas in the car. Which in turn makes him about 5 miles closer to work. We are closer to the parks also, and downtown. I think this will help considerably. So for some that are wondering if we're moving or not.....We are.....but NO we're not coming back home quite yet. Look for new blog posts....I have lots coming. Some homeschooling ones, Ember's Birthday one, some random home ones....and some spiritual ones :) So a few to watch for.....I think I have learned something from this week......WEAR BUTT PADS ON THE SEAT NEXT TIME.....That will save a lot of hurt and agony :)

3 comments:

Virginia said...

I am so sorry for your pain! I have experienced the seat saddle pain. You don't know how much your butt bones can hurt. I'm sure Theron and Bridger had the ride of their life and loved every minute. It will be easier next time and definitely have the seat raised! You are a riot. I can't wait to read the next blogs.

Anonymous said...

Through no fault of my own, the song "Baby Got Back" is running through my head right now.

Don't judge me, please. :)

r said...

I'm sorry, Ty, but I'm dying of laughter right now! Just after Grant and I got engaged, he convinced me to ride a bike to his Grandmother's, maybe 2 or 3 miles. And I did, barely. Totally saddle sore the next day! I think you just have to get used to the uncomfortable seats :) Good luck with the move!