Monday, June 7, 2010

Sick baby

Theron got really sick a few weeks ago. Jake and I were terrified that he had rotavirus (what Austin and Bridger was hospitalized with). He was throwing up constantly. Anything that would go in would come up or out. He started to cheer up and then he pooped, and I picked him up to change him and his diaper poured out watery poop. I talked Candy into driving me and Theron to Instacare to have him checked out. When we were at Erin's house (our new place) Theron puked down my shirt (in my bra), and down my back. Poor baby. Erin gave me a shirt and we stripped Theron and wrapped him in a towel. Off to the Dr's we went. Jake met me there. He had a fever and because we couldn't get anything to stay down they gave him a tylonol suppository. It worked wonders, soon as his fever went away he felt much better, I think he ended up puking a few more times before he started to feel better. But it sure was a scary. I hate it when our babies are sick, especially Theron. He just hit 23 lbs a few weeks ago, and now he was back down to 21lbs. Poor baby will never get to 25lbs. Luckily he didn't have Rotavirus, just a nasty bug.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey Ty, You Rock! Anytime you want to tell me I'm loosing weight is fine with me. I actually have lost a few pounds, thanks for noticing. I needed a compliment this morning, it's only 8:00am and I already wish this day would end. Thanks for making me feel better.

I'm glad Theron is feeling better. I hate when my kids are sick.

Hope you are loving your new place. I'm waiting to see pics.

Virginia said...

SO glad he is better. Did not look fun at all!

Norm and Frances said...

I don't think there is much that is sadder and scarier than a really sick baby. It was bad enough it sounds like, but I am so glad it wasn't worse. Please give him hugs from Grandma!