Sunday, June 27, 2010

Willow Creek

Monday we had Family Home Evening and Kurt was in charge, he planned a camping trip. It was during the King Salmon run. I found a fireweed starting to bloom. These are my favorite weeds here in Alaska, we'll be making our Alaskan fireweed honey soon. The boys set our campsite up. Theron had to make sure our fire pit was in working condition. Ashes were tested and approved. After the tent was up the little boys had to pretend we had a doggie door. It certainly doubled as a kid door. Theron had to check out our surroundings. He had fun blowing the dandelions, there were a few... We we got done setting up our campsite, we decided to go and take a look at the fish, the kids found places to play in the water, make some mud pies, get wet....... And check out the Kings, it was hard to catch them in mid air. I had kids climbing all over me to see, the splash would be over before it started. They seemed huge though. Ember is always posing for pictures, even when I tell her not to...Goofy girl. My sweet little munchie posing for the camera with his cool shades on. When I nealt down to get a better picture of him, he got down too. way to fun. We had to hang our most valuable fish. He weighed 21lbs...I didn't measure his length, he wiggled WAY too much for that :). Kurt and I stayed up till 4am until I was nap jerking with my eyes open, I decided to call it a night, but Kurt wasn't about to give up. About 2 hours later he came back. Kurtis woke Jake up with a big slap of the fish on the picnic table. Jake woke up and asked him how big it was. It was over 17 inches long and over 30lbs. Not for your first king of the year. After we had decided to go back down, Kurt brought the sleeping bag out of the tent and passed out in front of the fire. My lure was taken right away, by a monster .We had found the best fishing hole on Willow Creek, but then again, that's our opinion....Lots of people felt this way though. Theron was out not 5 minutes after being on the road to home. It didn't take Bridger much longer.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

What an awesome fishing trip. Great pictures! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Lowe Family said...

What a fun FHE! I keep telling Roger we need to invest in camping stuff. So fun!

Norm and Frances said...

Gosh, how fun is that!!!!! The kids look like they had a blast. I love the pictures of Bridger and Theron when you were on the way home! I think I would be the same!!!! Looks so fun.

Nancy said...

Great pictures! Looks like the kids had tons of fun. That is awesome. Bridger face in the last pic says it all!