Tuesday, July 13, 2010

TIME OUT!!!

Our day started out bad, but I pushed it in a direction of good. I've been waking up with my neck kinked. It's been like this for weeks. It takes me a while before I can get up and out of bed. I have to go through a process before I can actually get out of bed. While I was in the middle of my process my kids were fighting and jumping out windows. And cranking the TV because they couldn't respect each other. Anyways, in the middle of all this chaos Austin was trying to call a friend and some how 691-3411 turned out to be 911. And the chaos ended so fast. Austin came running back and said with tears running down his cute 12 year old face, "Mom, I accidentally called 911 and the operator said they have to send an officer out to make sure everyone is ok...I'm so sorry I don't know how that happened, I was just dialing and the operator came on and now I'm not sure what to do." As all the kids stood there watching Austin explain himself. Calmly I said, "Well you might want to clean up so they don't take you guys" then as they were scurrying off to get their work done, I pulled back my statement and offered a new one, "wait, never mind, don't clean, maybe the cops will take all of you" Ember came back with her 6 year old attitude and said, "how could you possibly want all of us gone? Dad will be so mad at you." At the moment it sounded like an awesome idea. I got up and showered, and the kids whipped through their chores with new attitudes. When I was ready to go, I told them to get their swimsuits on, that we were going to walk to the lake. They hurried and we were out the door after Theron woke up from his much needed nap. Boys on their bikes, Theron in his stroller, and Bridger on his diego big wheel. We made it to the lake and I sat on a blanket while the kids had fun. My friend Amanda also came with her 3 girls. I just sat back and watched the kids have fun, I snapped pictures like crazy. It was fun to take pictures of everything and not have to yell at the kids. They all just needed out, just as much as I did. Theron wouldn't give up his binky at first. And the boys had fun helping the younger kids float, even if it was with life vests. We all had a good time. Jake showed up and took us home. The kids were pretty upset that we were ending their fun time. It was nice to run away for a bit.

3 comments:

Someone else said...

Wow, you take awesome pictures! That looks like so much fun. Did the officer ever show up?

Virginia said...

How fun to have the lake within walking distance! What is the deal with your neck?? The swimming sure looks like fun!

Lowe Family said...

I don't know why but I have in my mind Alaska=COLD so why the are you swimming? But it looks really nice out! That was a great idea. I know when Katie has a little attitude and i'm really short with her that it's time to get out of the house. Great pictures too. I love that one of Austin...he looks like a little stud :)