Tuesday, July 13, 2010
An eventful Sunday
Sunday was too eventful for me.
I got an email from my Relief Society President Wednesday evening letting us know that there was a meeting with the other ward at 12:30 after church for boundary changes.
l we got to church on time (amazing), and got through all of our meetings. Not without Jake falling asleep in Sunday school though. We got sat down in the gym and waited for the Stake Presidency to get there. Some of us were joking about not needing us anyways, and how the Primary would need to reorganize if they lost so and so....that kind of thing. Finally the Stake Presidency showed up and we started. They handed out the maps and the laid down the boundaries. As soon as I realized we were out, I couldn't hold back my tears. All I kept thinking was, I can't handle more change. I have met my friends, I didn't want to be the new person in the ward again. This was the reason we moved where we did, so we could stay in the boundaries. Now we're not. They asked for a sustaining vote, I didn't raise my hand (a lot of us didn't), I waited for the point when they ask for those that appose, it never happened. So when we ended the meeting I stormed off and went outside and cried.
I came home, and took a nap and when we woke up I felt like I needed to go for much needed drive. So we all got in the car, even the moody kids. And found HATCHER'S PASS.
It was breathtaking to me.
I wish I would have found my tripod to take, I could have gotten some cool pictures of the water. Next time I will. I love to escape sometimes. I felt like running away was very needed for me to come to grips with the changes. After taking some time I was able to look at the whole picture. We were all released from our callings. So now I have Jake back in the mornings. I don't have to hear about everyone else drama when they need to make an appointment with the bishop. We can sleep in again on Sundays, because our ward doesn't start until 1pm, until January of course. We get to meet new people and we're still in the same building. It will be hard for me to adjust, but someone in this ward needs us. So we will go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had the same feelings when our ward split the last two times. It is very difficult and for me, was hard to see where it was necessary, but I looked at it from a very narrow view point. Even tho I didn't like it, I knew there must be a reason. That is one thing that has been hard for me to get used to here in Utah. In Calif, we were in the same ward, same building, same Stake for 13 years.
I thought of you when they announced the change, especially since when you moved, you did everything to stay in the ward. :(
Honestly, I thought we'd be out for sure. The other side of Church and Spruce are different wards, so I was totally resigned to being in the K-F ward. And then at the meeting, I looked at Adam in shock and said, "That's not us."
Hey, I 'm gonna gather up some ladies and do dinner and a movie sometime this month. Maybe the 24th or the 31st. You in?
Through great trials come breathtaking pictures. You are so blessed to be in such beautiful country. I'm sorry that you have to change wards. That can't be easy with already trying times surrounding you. Great example for looking at the whole picture and seeing the positive that will come out of the situation.
Post a Comment