
The last few weeks I've been puppy proofing the house. rearranging bedrooms, sleeping arrangements and getting puppy supplies. Food, toys, dog beds, grooming supplies. And making sure the kids are ready to have a furry pet. We've been taking them to the animal shelter to give them some kind of animal exposure before our puppy comes. A few months ago, Theron and Bridger wouldn't do to well with any animal that didn't have a human face. It's been good to have the Bearded Dragons in the house. They have both calmed down to the realization that things can move that aren't human. The visits to the animal shelter have been interesting. In the beginning we had a lot of screaming and convulsions from Theron. Kind of funny if you were a bi standard watching the situation, but it's been a serious problem we've been trying to over come. I have been a bit nervous how Theron would actually handle the new puppy. I was pleasantly surprised.
Candy came about an hour before my cousin Allen's flight came in (he's the one that helped us drive up to Alaska last year, and was going to be flying up to bring our puppy from Utah, not to mention I would be helping him prepare for his GED). We picked him up and our new puppy adventure started. We drove home in the rain. She wasn't ready to go to bed when she first got here. All the kids had to wake up before they could settle in for the night. Theron was so excited to meet her. He did really well with the idea of her here. I was glad that all that work at the animal shelter helped. The next day was Wednesday. I have been running preparing for a 5k that passed, that I missed due to being sick, but I'm still training I guess. I took all the kids with me to the High School, there are trails from our house that take you to the track at the High School. E B got muddy, so when we got home, I gave her a bath. She didn't do too bad. Once I got her little bathrobe on she curled up on her new bed and went to sleep. She so stink'n cute and is going to be good for not only the kids, but me. Sounds selfish, but Jake was pointing out that this may be something that will help with my depression. It's one of the reasons Jake agreed to letting me get a small breed lap dog. For some of you that might not know, I've been battling with some severe depression. I've been on and off meds and up and down the rollercoaster. I don't do well with stress, and I have a hard time feeling stable lately. But hopefully this will be something that helps me not feel so down. Anyways, meet Eagle Bait. We call her E B :)
3 comments:
She is SO cute!! makes me want to get one. My sisiter-in-law was fighting serious depression after a major surgery and got a chihuahua puppy, thinking it would help, and it really did. In a way it totally changed her life for the better. I hope you feel better, depression sucks so much!
I am glad she finally got there and seems to be all settled in. I have believed for a long time, as you know, that animals are good for the soul. They are a source of unconditional love that cannot be matched, as far as I am concerned. Still think I am so stupid about Clancy????
E B is so adorable. Wow, even has her own bathrobe. LOL. I am glad everyone is doing so well with her. What a great idea to take the children to the animal shelter. Sounds like it really helped. I hope she will help in dealing with your depression and that you have lots of happy days ahead. I am excited to be reading your blogs again!
Post a Comment