Saturday, September 4, 2010

Organic Blueberry's

As you all know my cousin Allen has been here since the 10th. I'm sad to say that's he's going home on the 8th. I like having him here. It's going to be hard to say bye. He's helped me keep my sanity. While he's been here we haven't done a hole lot. We did take him fishing with us, we hit a thrift store and he was able to get an outfit or two for under $5. 2 ties, 2 button down dress shirts, a pair of black jeans, and a jacket. The boys (Jake included) have played a lot of video games. It's rained A LOT. So there isn't a lot to do indoors. On monday we had the chance to go with Candy and her family to Hatcher's Pass to pick blueberries. It was so great to enjoy the beauty of Alaska. It rained while we were there. But we didn't mind much, it was so gorgeous and peaceful. I was able to find bushes that no one was around and I was able to pick, eat, and listen to the river and to my thoughts. No one interrupted either. Allen had found bush after bush to enjoy, and the boys their own bush. After a while we met up and climbed higher where the bigger blueberries were. There is NOTHING like a fresh blueberry off a bush out in the wilderness. It was a great break from school.

2 comments:

Norm and Frances said...

I smell blueberry muffins already!! Sounds like you had a blast!!!! Can you freeze them and have them later when winter gets really bad.

It seems like summer passed so fast! How are the temperatures up there?

Virginia said...

That sounds so peaceful. There's nothing like eating fruit right off the vine. I love to go to Bremerton in August to pick and eat the blackberries. You have nice blue tongues! I'm so glad you have enjoyed having Alan there so much. I'm going today to the blessing of Kaiya's baby. Love ya!