So some of the things I've been getting into: and Why :)
- Baking home made bread/rolls/hamburger buns: Why? Because they taste so much better, and they're more filling.
- Homeschooling: Why? Because I've seen my kids walk talk and loose teeth, why not see them learn new things like reading? One day Ember will be able to say my mom taught me how to read. Not everyone can say that. Among a million other reasons
- Working my Photography as a source of income: Why? Because I love to take pictures, and why not bring in some money doing it?
- digital scrap booking: Why? I hate pulling out all my hands on stuff and dealing with my kids messing with it. I get the same out come and I just save it and print it off when I'm ready. The mess is nonexistent. I love it.
- home made laundry soap: Why? Because it saves me money. For a 5 gallon bucket of liquid...it lasts me for 2 months if I can keep Kurt and Austin from doing laundry :). It costs me less than $10 for the stuff to make it. A few dollars here and there add up.
- framed vinyl sayings/crafts to sell: Why? Because I don't have enough wall space to keep them all, and if I can make some money to put back into my hobby I will be actively staying busy during this winter.
- teaching my children the piano: Why? Because I can, and they love it.
- teaching Relief Society: Why? Because I was called to and I couldn't say NO...I'm so excited to have such a needed calling.
- running/swimming trying to be more active: Why? Because if I don't I could end up fatter, and not so healthy.
- Grooming my dog: Why? Because again, it saves me a lot of money, and it's kind of fun.
2 comments:
Ty, I love this post. Those all sound like great ideas. And thanks for the download I haven't tried it yet but I have really wanted to get into digital scrapbooking and I like free! Your pages look great. Good luck with your 2nd Alaskan winter. I think you are preparing well by keeping yourself busy. You are in my thoughts.
BTW: I never answered you on FB about who took those family pics. Do you remember a few years ago when I called you out of the blue and asked if you could come over and take our family picture (I think it was even on Thanksgiving)? Well, that is just what I did to another friend in our ward. Wish it could have been you.
Love ya!
I too loved this post. You are a very creative person and its good to see you keeping so active with all your tallents.
btw-I've recently started making homemade bread and rolls and I want to make hamburger and hotdog buns too for the same reason as you. How do you do it? Thanks so much.
Post a Comment