Monday, November 22, 2010

FREEZING RAIN

 I took Jake to work this morning and when he woke me up, he warned me that there was freezing rain that we needed to leave ASAP, so that we had plenty of time to get there safely. When I got home I thought car looked wet, then I wiped at it, and realized. It was freezing on contact. Good thing my windshield wipers were on constantly

The ice that was being wiped off the windshield got frozen to the car. This is new for us here in AK. The 100 mile an hour winds were new last year to us, the powder snow that NEVER melted, NEW too, the -25 weather and the snot that freezes in your noes on the way into walmart....NEW......Frost-nip, frostbite of kids playing out in the snow....NEW this year, Freezing rain....NEW this year :). Alaska is definitely full of adventures.

No comments: