Last week EmberLee got her glasses, it was kind of different when she had her appointment, something I didn't expect. They dilated her eyes, to check them of course for their healthiness, but also to see her prescription. Something that she couldn't pretend. I was a little nervous that she was going to fib about what she could and couldn't see, just so she could get glasses. When the Dr checked her out, the out come was opposite than what I had expected. EmberLee is far sighted. Jake and I both are near sighted. I figured that all my kids would be near sighted. I was wrong. I guess it's like left or right handed. It's kind of up in the air. She had so much fun finding the pair of glasses that looked the best. I think she found the perfect pair of glasses.
I made an appointment for her teeth a few weeks ago. It seemed like forever to get her in. The one morning that I didn't take Jake to work and have the car, I got a phone call asking if we wanted to take a canceled appointment. I made a call to Candy, and she came and picked me and EmberLee up for her appointment. Before it was suppose to be in 2 appointments. They want the kids to meet the DR and get a cleaning before any other issues. We were suppose to be done on a second appointment. When we went today, she was able to get right in. She got all her X-rays, and the Dentist offered to do everything in 1 appointment, including 2 cavities, and 2 extractions. EmberLee was excited. So we went ahead and had all the work done today. For those that haven't read the blog entry Shark she had her 2 permanent teeth growing up behind her baby teeth. We waited for them to get loose, but at this point there was NO sign of them being loose, so I wanted to have her seen. I'm glad we did.
She did really good on the novacaine, and also the nitrous oxide (laughing gas). She was given something to put under her pillow.
I'm so glad there was an actual reason whey her tooth wasn't getting loose. Look how long the root was.
She's had a day....her tongue should do a lot of the moving in the next little while. I'm guessing she is going to need braces. She was a few other teeth in the same motion as these 2. We just need to stay on top of it to keep her mouth from not being to scary looking. As for now. we're on top of it. Maybe now I won't have to hear her cry that she's the only kid not getting lost teeth and visits from the tooth fairy. :)
2 comments:
Holy smokes! I have never seen teeth that long before!
Holy hannah!! She wasnt kidding when she said they were long teeth. I'm so glad she did so well adn was able to get it all done. I hope the holes heal soon. LOVE YOU EM!!! You are a brave girl
Post a Comment