Today Jake and I went to the temple for the 2nd time in a few weeks. We had volunteered to clean it when we were done with the last session. It was a different experience for me. You all have to know that as a teenager I used to work for Service Master in Orem, Ut. I had experienced all sorts of cleaning, from carpets and floors, to cleaning a whole house for someone that was either too lazy or couldn't, to cleaning up after disasters, I also cleaned businesses. In all my history of cleaning, I have NEVER cleaned somewhere that was spotless. It was odd to go in and not be cleaning with my radio blaring. I'm one that loves the radio as loud as I can get it. I get in a grove that way and can have a job done fast. I didn't have that option today. When I cleaned the bathrooms, there was dust on the toilets LOL. not Urine and pubic hair (like I've experienced in the past). All 18 of us were reverent in our white scrubs. It was kind of cool how the cleaning assignments were handed out and how everyone worked together. I wish I could have it work like that at my house. maybe I should by hand catty's and instructions for EACH job description just like they do in the temple and the church buildings. It's efficient and it seems to work. When we were done, we had the chance to find a Burlington coat factory in Anchorage, we also found a bookstore where LDS stuff is sold. So I was able to get a few things for the kids for christmas, from Grand parents. I'm really excited about what they're getting. Thanks Dad and Virginia, and Norm and Frances. It's going to be a good Christmas.
Yesterday I was able to get my crafts in a store up here in AK, it's called Alaskan Crafters Gifts & Souvenirs. We'll see how it goes, in the mean time, I will be busting my but and having a reason to be making tile clocks, and glass bricks, and floating frames, and crocheted hats, and fllowers, and magnets, and taking pictures of not only people but the Alaskan world here. I'll keep ya'll posted. In the mean time....we are coming up on the Christmas season with good attitudes this year.
1 comment:
So glad things are going so well. What a great experience to clean the temple. That would be wonderful.
Post a Comment