Tuesday, January 18, 2011

FROM OLDEST TO YOUNGEST

Last week we had an artist attack our bathroom. We were dealing with Kurt and his disobedience. All day long I was dealing with Kurt and his back talking and defiance. When Jake got home Kurtis only got worse. I had asked the older boys to pick up in the living room while we got dinner ready and Kurt decided to tell us how he ALWAYS does everything, and that he's not a slave. When he said these things he was YELLING at me. So I simply walked over and told him NOT to talk to me like that, that I'm his mother and he will do as he's asked. It escalated from there. Jake and I went in our room to talk with the door shut. While we were talking things through, Theron was drawing with permanent marker. what you don't see is what was on the back wall of the shower and the edge of the tub. When Jake walked out he smelled marker. He walked in the bathroom to see Theron standing on the edge of the tub coloring on the back wall of the shower. I got on FB to get some idea's on how to get this up....the only thing we haven't tried thus far has been goo gone. Which will being going on this evening. After we found the Art Museum Jake went in the kitchen to cook dinner as I sat and attempted every thing known to man to clean this up. Kurt says to Jake, "I hate it here, I don't want to live here" So Jake said, "if doing simple chores is so rough for you, there's the door" Kurt didn't hesitate. He walked out without a coat. I left to the store knowing he was going to be back. It was way too cold to wondering the streets. He came back about 20 minutes later and asked for his coat. Which Jake let him take, and Jake then also told him that he didnt' have to go, and that when he was ready he was welcomed back where he was loved, but he would do chores like everyone else. He left again, and didn't come back for another hour. I was a little worried, but figured, that because I disappeared when I was about his age, that I diserved everything he was handing me. I didn't disrespect my parents though, mine was that I went to do homework with friends and we all ended up being done early, so instead of asking permission to go to the college to play pool (which I already knew the answer to), I just went, and was going to be at the same time. Well time slipped away and before I knew it I was 2 hours over my curfew. I was scared of my dad and didn't dare go home. So I found somewhere to go and I ended staying away for about 3 or 4 days. The longer time went on, the more I was afraid to go home. This was way different. Kurt was just not wanting to help out and disappeared. When he decided that picking up wasn't such a bad thing. He knocked on the door like he didn't live here anymore and when we opened the door, he asked if he could come in, and stay, and then apologized. In the mean time I have permanent marker that WON'T come off. We have tried literally EVERYTHING!!! So when your thinking of leaving me a comment about using soft scrub, toothpaste, soap, fingernail polish remover, dry erase markers, hairspray, alcohol, comet, Acetone, magic eraser, a mixture of it all....don't bother :). The biggest problem we have besides our toddlers and their messes is that the floor is old and very porous. Anyways. From the Oldest to the Youngest we NEVER have a dull moment in our house.

5 comments:

mer and mel said...

Have you tried dishwasher detergent? Ethan colored on my granite counter in my bathroom and my Cascade took it right off. He also drew all over his walls and it took it off pretty well. (but it also took off the paint, so we are just going to paint over it.) We've gotten rid of all our permanent markers but 1, which we hide up high. Oh, the joys of boys! Good luck!

Hillary said...

Oh Tyra! What a day. I'm not going to offer a solution to the marker since you've already tried everything. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry you had such a struggle with getting the marker off the floor. That is one of my nightmares as a mother. I hope you find something that works. But if not, hopefully there is the chance that you may laugh at this whole thing some day.

Norm and Frances said...

Oh my!!!!

Candace said...

OH TY! What a rough night. It sounds like you handled things with Kurt extremely well. I'm so sorry about the floor. If you can't clean it, I hope it won't be too expensive to replace. Good luck!

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Oh goodness! This is one of those moments that at the time, it isn't so funny but as years pass, it becomes hilarious! ;) Just ask my Mom, she has plenty of those moments and I'm sure many of them involved me. :) Hopefully you can get it out. Have you tried Clorox Oxy Magic? It's the only thing that works for things like this in my experience. Good luck!