In December I signed up for a 6 months lease with a gift/souvenir shop here in town. I wanted to put my craft stuff there to justify me making them. Maggie the owner heard of my other hobby and asked if I could do an offer for Valentines. We talked about it, and decided to do Glamour shots. So for the first few weeks in January, I educated myself a lot about indoor lighting, and glamour shoots. I Used a ton of girls I knew to practice on. Now I'm CRAZY busy. Our add went out in the Valley Cache, which is a popular add magazine here in the Valley. I also learned a few days ago, that it also posted at the local Alaskan Club (which is comparable to Gold's Gym) on the TV screens that people watch while they're working out. It's been a lot of fun meeting and taking pictures of people I actually don't know. I'm making money for my pictures. The best part of all this is, I'm further ahead of my pictures up here in AK, than I ever was back home. I love being able to take pictures, I love editing, and having so many opportunities here. To check out the shoots I'm doing, they're on my photography blog www.kaelymanphotography.blogspot.com.


4 comments:
That's great! You go girl!
I am so happy for you. It isn't work when you love what you do. I can't take the pictures like you can but I love editing them and turning them into slideshows. I could do that all day long every day. Congratulations and I hope you get even busier.
By the way, I love the picture of you behind the camera. Way cute!
I envy anyone who can make money at something they love to do. Not many people can say they do that!!! Good for you!
Post a Comment