As I go back to work the little boys go to DAY CARE. We've been on our knees over this decision.One of the reasons why I haven't gone to work in the past was because I'm scared to send kids to day care and have bad things happen. Now that Theron is talking, walking and potty trained I'm not as scared of bad things that could happen. He can now voice up. He doesn't need someone changing his diaper. He can eat on his own. Some of the things I've been worried about in the past are.....but these are just the biggest things I was concerned about.
#1. Child abuse that my kids couldn't report because they can't talk.
#2. Sexual abuse while changing diapers (it happens)
#3. NO feeding, and my kids wouldn't be able to say anything, because they couldn't talk.
#4. NO napping (not the biggest problem, but this has to happen)
These are just a few of the things that have kept me from not going back to work. I know that I needed to not work before, but I also know that if everything was going to pan out with ease after praying about it and if we feel that this is the right thing to do for our family then I needed to figure this out now, and not let it hold us back.
When the job looked promising I decided I better get a move on this. Austin was staying home, but I felt that Austin babysitting for 5 days a week was going to be too much for him. When was he going to be doing any school work? He won't be watching kids for 5, only 2. He wants to earn money and so we had agreed that this was fair. So we will let him watch the kids Monday and Tuesdays. The next thing to happen was to find someone that was trust worthy that was not in my family. I first called all the friends that I trusted. Candy, Emily....I don't have too many on my list that I would be willing to pay for dealing with my kiddos. Both of them couldn't do it. So then I was forced to look outward to someone I didn't know. So I got on my knees and gave a prayer. It had something in it like, Please help us find someone that will be safe for Bridger, and Theron to go to. Someone that won't kill our budget and defeat our reason of going back to work. If this was suppose to be, please help us be receptive. So that night I went to sleep. I tried not to think to hard about it. The next day I couldn't help but think of the best way to get the word out....you know Facebook. So I got on and mentioned our need. Someone in our ward shared that we had a lady in our ward that does day care and has over 20 something years under her belt. So I called Mrs Shawn, met with her and I loved her. I met her and has sat by her in Relief Society. She is a new convert to the church. She just went to the temple a few months ago. She's a neat lady. I watched her with some of the kids she had that day. I felt so good about it. As I started work, and the boys would go over, it was rough. It took them a few weeks to get used to how Shawn works. Now they get excited the night before. They'll go to bed on time knowing that they're going to Mrs Shawn's. We can take them early in the morning drop them off and I don't have to worry all day long. I am so blessed to have Mrs Shawn step in take care of my babies. Just another blessing
1 comment:
That is wonderful that you have found Mrs. Shawn. She sounds great! What a relief to have someone like her take care of your children. It makes going to work so much easier.
Post a Comment