On top of no longer homeschooling, I've stepped into the working world. I was told that there was a position open at the hospital. When I talked about it with Jake, he thought that they probably wouldn't hire me because he worked in the department. So I got on my knees and prayed about what I should do. I went ahead and got online and filled out 2 applications. One for a Surgical Technologist position (what I went to school for, and yes this is what Jake does), and the Sterile Processing Technician. I told Jake what I did and he told me that he thought it would be cool if it worked, but he would be shocked if it did. A few weeks later I finally got a call. I got an interview the next day. I was told that I could scrub for the time being because Jake is the one that trains the new employees so that was out for now, but it could be an option down the road if the circumstances changed. So I was hired and asked if I could start that Monday. I got a walk through and went home completely grateful. That next day Jake and I stopped in to fill out paperwork before we went on our date to Anchorage. I was told that I was put in as having 1 year of experience and I was also told that Martha (Jakes and now my boss) was offering me a sign on bonus if I signed on for 2 years. I asked if I could think about it. Jake and I talked about it, and I prayed about it that night. When Monday came around we choose to go with it. It's only 9 months past Jakes contract and it's something that would help us. Especially while we're trying to come up with money to get a 2nd car that is reliable. So now I work with Jake. I see him daily. He brings his dirty instruments to my department to get cleaned. I go to lunch with him everyday. I'm doing really well at my job. I've picked up everything like riding a bike. I'm going to be taking a test so that I'm Certified in my department in about 6 months. I'm also studying for the Scrub Tech Certification. I want to have the chance to move to Scrubbing as soon as the option is open. I want Martha to see that I'm very serious about it. I am also going to be going back to school for my nursing after we get back form Utah in November.
It really does help us financially to have me working. I really enjoy seeing Jake more, and I love that I love my kids again.
4 comments:
congratulations! blessings come in all shapes and sizes, and your family has been blessed!
Wow Ty, that is amazing! I'm so glad you got the job! I'm glad you are coming in Nov. I hope you have time to visit with us :)
It is so neat that you get on your knees so much. I am glad that you are being so blessed! I think it's great for the whole family to have you working and having more contacts outside your family. It makes you a happier person and Mom. AND how awesome to have lunch with Jake.
I'm glad your goal of more schooling is getting closer.
I am so glad that you are doing so well in your job and it makes me smile that you get to see Jake and have lunch with him. That is something I've always enjoyed with Nate and I. I miss you sister! Love you!
Post a Comment