Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Replacement

So do ya'll remember the TV story about a year and half ago? Let me refresh some memories

http://thefullhouselymans.blogspot.com/2010/02/dont-throw-balls-in-house.html

We finally broke down and bought a new one. Same size, same brand. We also got a blue ray player. So now there are NO ancient heavy TV's in this house. Some of you are probably wondering why?

It all boils down to me not being able to see my body while I'm trying to use the Kinnect for working out. It all started when I went to do Zumba at the Gym. I looked and felt like a total idiot. So I told Jake that on the next pay day I was going to by the Kinnect, and I did. Jake got a Biggest Loser game that he used once or twice before I forced him to sign up at the gym and he ended up with a trainer. This is a fabulous deal for Jake, because I don't have to be the one to kick his butt. Danny does. Jake has lost 15lbs. I'm so proud of him. He goes twice a week and and leaves a sweating ball. he's looking thinner to me too, so I think he's truly loosing some weight. I love that I don't have to be the abusive spouse by telling him that he isn't healthy. I just made the Dr appointment for me and him at the same time and we supported each other for the unhealthy ruling from the Dr.....Back to the Kinnect. I got the TV on another payday, because I could see myself from across the room. Jake didn't complain. Our crazy child is older now and isn't so destructive. So we went ahead with the upgrade. I love the kinnect and so do the kids. So much fun to play as a family.

A fun Replacement. I wish we could have done it sooner. It's so nice to sit down and watch a movie on a big 42" screen.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Did you read my blog about me going to Zumba ONCE? I felt like a total KLUTZ. I came home and ordered some DVD's on eBAY. I'm going to learn Zumba in the privacy of my own home.
On our last Ladies Night Out, we went to my friend's house who has a Kinect 360. We danced and played games. It was a RIOT. I think the Kinect is the best because you don't have to buy extra gadgets....you just use your hands. Yeah for the big screen too!!
Keep up the great job with the weight loss for you and Jake.