Monday, May 2, 2011
New School For Em
Larson Elementary is where EmberLee goes to 1st grade. Her teacher is Mrs Burdick. She drinks LOTS of coffee. EmberLee says you can tell when she does because she runs around like the energizer bunny. She also says Heavenly Fathers name wrong everyday....this is what EmberLee says. One day Em came home asking how she can ask her not to stop without being rude. So as we were discussing this dilemma of Em's we had decided that next time EmberLee hears someone use the Lord's name in vain again she was going to respond quickly and witty like this: "Yep, that's who answers my prayers". One of these times EmberLee spouted this off quicker than her teacher could finish her own sentence, that included the Lord's name in vain. Her teacher recognized that she was being offensive and she pulled Ember aside and apologized and apparently this is something that EmberLee asked her not to say because it makes her sad when she hears her Heavenly Fathers name being abused like that. So not only is EmberLee being a great example to those around her, including her teacher. She loves making all kinds of new friends and learning to read and learning all sorts of math...She's taught a lot of other kids that the abacus is the coolest math tool there is. I'm so proud of my sweet little EmberLee. It's nice that she is able to get out and meet new friends, be a good example and learn new things. EmberLee loves 1st grade. She loves her new school and she loves to ride the bus every morning. She leaves the house at 8am and doesn't get off the buss till around 4:15 or so. A very long day, but the long ride on the bus gives her plenty of time to socialize. This little EmberLee is such an inspiration to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ty, I just read your resent posts and I have share a couple of things. Lauren is attending a new school and REALLY struggling. I have been so tempted to blame myself for her struggles, but I keep feeling that this is a product of HER choices - just like Kurt. And I kept looking at the success of all my other kids as evidence that I'm not failing as a Mom. Reading about Austin and Emberlee I just kept thinking. "See! This is the evidence that Ty is working hard to do what's right and the proof is the success of her other kids."
HANG IN THERE!!! I think the toughest part of being a Mom is watching our kids make self-destructive choices, but they are still THEIR choices. We can't make them for them.
I just wish I could give you a hug and adequately express the encouragement I want to send to you. I loved reading about your prayers. No matter what your kids may be choosing at the moment, I know that the Lord can direct YOU aright.
It sure sounds like EmberLee has done a great job in so many things. That little one, since day one, has been determined and dynamic. There certainly is no holding her back!!!!
I always thought that girl was smart!!!! She is going to get where she wants to go in life!!!! I am glad she is doing so well in school, and likes it. Too bad about the long day tho, but I am sure she will deal with it.
Post a Comment