I've been actively involved in this calling since October of last year.
Theme: CAMP OZ, ONWARD TO ZION
Mission Statement: "Do more than belong, participate. Do more than care, help. Do more than believe, practice. Do more than be fair, be kind. Do more than forgive, forget. Do more than dream, work." William Arthur Ward
Camp Scripture: 13th Article of Faith
Motto: Believe, Hope, Endure
Song: I walk by Faith
Goal: Each ward is to compse new lyrics to the song 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' all three verses. Based on this years themes of Believe, Hope, Endure as well as our YW Camp theme of Camp Oz, Onward to Zion, and the 13th Article of faith. Have each young woman learn this new song, be able to recite the Stake Mission Statement and the 13th Article of Faith.
Daily Themes at camp:
Mon: "It's always best to start from the beginning"
Topics of: Morality
Tues: Believe, Brain - "Follow the Yellow brick road"
Topics of: Agency, Peer Pressure, Facebook, Computer
Wed: Hope, Heart - "Give us your Hand, we'll pull you along" Scarecrow & Tin man
Topics of: Being an Example vs. letting your guard down and Gossiping
Thurs: Endure, Courage - "...You had to learn it for yourself" Glenda the good witch
Topics of: Media, Music, Dance and Modesty (clothes)
Fri: "There's No Place like home" Dorothy
Topics of: Eternal destiny
Since January we have been working on Passing things off so that we have more time at camp to get into these topics.
Each month as a ward we worked on some of these things.
In January we passed off Night Sky & Cloud Certifications. We also worked on our Somewhere over the Rainbow song.
In February we worked on First Aid training.
In March we did our Swimming Certifications, so that the girls would be aloud to swim at the lake at camp. This was a fun month. Lots of participation, more than I had anticipated.
April we passed of Knot tying. Thank goodness for Apps on my phone. I was able to download for free and how to tie knots app....this is how our girls learned them LOL. It saved us.
![]() |
| The Hill |
I was FILTHY afterwards. My legs were scraped up, but I couldn't complain about it, because then everyone would say that I deserved it LOL. It was worth it.



No comments:
Post a Comment