So I know a few people are wanting an update...
I will say that our lives seem up upside down. I could do my normal with lots of pictures and a sentence that describes each one blog entries or ....I could do 1 month coverage and call it happy with 4 blogs....or I could just say something small and not blog again....I have decided to just go with what's in my heart hopefully it comes out organized (usually I offend when I do this, so you can stop reading now if you want, or if you choose to keep reading to get mad if you think I've shared too much, because I honestly don't care....you wanted the update! And NO, I'm not angry, or depressed)
After my Run in June, I came back the next week ready to do what was necessary for Kurt. On Kurt's 2 month mark June 13th he finally was transfered to the Palmer Residential Treatment Center. A long term facility where he will be getting help. He had a lot to fix before he was welcome back in our home. The other children weren't going to be fearful of Kurt, and I wasn't going to lay awake at night afraid that me or Jake would wake up with a knife or something even worse, not waking up at all. Kurt was very angry with us at first. It has not been easy having Kurtis out of our house. But having him gone has helped us learn a few things about us, our parenting, our family, and each other as a couple. And ultimately KURTIS. Having Kurtis gone has also helped me realize he isn't the only one in need of some help.
Jake and I also decided that while Kurt was in his residential treatment we weren't going to put off what we had planned as a family for the summer. At first I wanted to put everything on hold, but then quickly realized a childhood memory that I wasn't willing to repeat. For some of you that don't know what I'm referring to let me help you understand. My Brother has been mentally ill for a lot of our growing up years. My parents tried getting him help to deal with his illness, and had asked us kids to not ask for their attention, so they could focus on my Brother. Later in life I remember talking with my Dad, and I had asked him if he could do things over what would he do differently. He said that he wouldn't have put us 3 kids on the back burner while trying to help my brother Jared with his mental illness. So taking that to heart, Jake and I decided it was vital that we continue our plans and still take our Halibut Charter that we had planned months before Kurt was taken to get help. So We did go on our Halibut Charter. Austin, Jake and I caught our limit and we had an awesome time. I don't feel guilty about going and I am so happy that Jake and I got to spend some quality time with Austin. A lot of the time he gets mixed up with being the middle kid. He does get left out of things A LOT.
In July my Grandparents came. I LOVED having them here and hearing about when they lived here. I loved watching my kids interact with Grandpa. I got to see the happy Grandpa I remember as a small child. Watching him love on my children made it all worth it. While they were here we went to the Portage Glacier Cruise. Which was completely Awesome. They were only here for about a week if I remember correctly.
In August I had the opportunity to go home for very unfortunate reason. My Uncle Jim passed away from Cancer. I had the chance to hang out with Heidi Case, a close friend of mine. I made a quick visit with Lacey, another close friend. I stopped in and hung out at my aunt Mary Jo's and got a haircut from Kaiya, but not before surprising her earlier at work. I made Kaiya cry at work :). I felt very accomplished. I was able to come home and visit with family I haven't seen in so long. I loved the awesome visit I had with Faydene, Caitlyn, Kristi. I learned how much I miss them, and how much I love them. I also had the chance to hang out for a bit at Christy and Rogers and meet Sophie. I was so shocked at how big Katie was. After an awesome funeral, I went up with Erna and stayed the night. I had a great time with Erna Reminsing, and being terrified of Thunderstorms. I had the chance to spend a night at Anthony and Christina's. I got to love on my niece Charlee. I got to go to Sunday dinner at my Dad's. I LOVE my Dad's cooking. Then Erna drove me down so that I could visit with Jake's parents. That was too short. I learned that with Erna there, she had more in common with my mother in law than I do. I was certainly jealous....I tried to not let it bug me, but something that I will never forget. I think I was so shocked to see because I saw a part of Erna that proved to me that she has matured so much. She was no longer that cute little 13 year old that wanted to hang out with her big sister. She was a grown women with her own theory's about politics and gardening. Which I admire her for. Man how much I have missed over the years focusing on my own family. My visit was short, but something I will never forget.
September we had a few birthday's and Jake and I had our 9th anniversary on the 4th. Theron turned 3 on the 5th. Bridger turned 5 on the 27th, and I was treated to one of the most memorable happy Birthdays in many years, thanks to my AWESOME Hubby. I was able to test for my Sterile Processing Certification (which makes me official at work, and gives me a raise) and I PASSED the first time around, which doesn't happen very often for that test. I was so EXCITED! I also had Carpal Tunnel surgery in the middle of the month, and I went in for a Colonoscopy and EGD to screen for Cancer. I learned that I have Chronic Gastritis. I also had a lot of sores in my bowel that are unexplainable but for now they are benign. I am very aware of when I don't feel good and now have an explanation as to why.
October flew by. I would say that the biggest part of October has been the fact that I have learned that I have some deep problems that I seriously need to work through. For Kurtis' sake. I am seriously broken from my past and I have seriously been burying my hurt for years and now it's slowly coming out and I have to repair it because I am hurting my loved ones. I have made a very difficult decision to get it dealt with so that Kurt can move on, and I can stop hurting my loved ones. It's truly amazing how our hurts can bring down those we love.
November has barely shown up. But this month a lot will change for us. Emery, Jakes cousin is very sick with Liver Cancer. Which has me thinking a lot about when I lost my mom. It was around this time of the year as well. Which is never easy on anyone. Jake will be going home to Utah to have a pleasant visit with his parents. We were all going to come home, but have decided that we needed a bigger home instead of flying home as a family for thanksgiving. So Jake will come and I will stay and pack. Also in November Jared and Heidi Case and their family will be moving up here to Alaska. Jared has been given the opportunity to transfer his job locations. I am so thrilled about it. Heidi is here now and we have spent the whole day trying to find a place for them to live. She will be here till Wednesday night. Jake will fly out the 20th, and return the 24th. Thanksgiving day will be at Candy's because everything will be packed up and ready to move. That following Sunday Jared, Heidi and there family will be moving here. We will be moving to our new place the first weekend in December which will be nice. A home that we can buy, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and acre of land for the kids to play on and 2 family rooms, a garage and an upstairs and downstairs. I am so excited to have room to breath and move.
December for us will be somewhat crazy as well as we bring the year to a close. But as for now you are all kind of updated.....with me.
EmberLee is hanging in there with going to public school, while Bridger and Theron go to Day Care...Bridger struggles because he's a very smart 5 year old and because his birthday is late in the year he's not able to attend kindergarten. So day care seems to be 'lame' for him. Austin has been struggling with his grades. We have figured out that he has been struggling with the fact that Kurt hasn't been in our home. Jake has been working his butt off, and is looking forward to going home to visit in a few weeks. He needs the break. I am excited for him. Kurtis is working hard and just finished a Psych evaluation to find out if there aren't any other underlying problems that are hindering his growth.
I seriously am sorry for the quick update. I will slowly go back and post some of the pictures through the last 4 months so that you can see some of the things I am talking about. I actually could just refer you to my Facebook profile. Only because I update that more than I do my blog....I am going to be doing better. Now that I am rambling I will end this novel of a post. Thank you for reading it and comments are TOTALLY welcome! They seriously do encourage me to keep posting. It just sometimes seem that no one reads them, so I have felt like what's the point. Anyways, Thank you for reading ramblings and run on sentences :).
6 comments:
I read it lady! And am here for you if you ever need me!
Thanks for the update, it's good to keep connected. You are a strong and amazing woman!
I check you blog at least twice a day. Have done that for some time. Sorry you felt like no one reads it, because I always have and I know Christy, Cathy, Lurain, Jean and family look at it as well. It is good to hear how and what you and the family are doing. Thank you for the post. Looking forward to the pictures.
wow Ty! so much is going on with you. hang in there girl. know that you and your family are in our prayers. :)
Now that I know you are blogging again, I'll start checking again.
You did a beautiful job of explaining what has been going on. Keep loving your new house!!
It was great to see you earlier, and great to spend time with Jake.
Good luck with working through your issues. You can do it!
Love you big sister!!! I love reading your blog and seeing the amazing pictures that you put up. you're so talented! <3 u!
Post a Comment