Resolutions??? I've been thinking a lot this last week about things that I could improve on this year...I didn't want to do the obvious. I wanted to do something that I struggle with all the time that I have NEVER worked on. After a mishap this week I figured out what it was going to be. Let me tell my story then you'll figure it out.
A few months ago I lost the truck keys, and while we were moving it became a huge problem. Infact we ended up donating this truck to get it off the rental property so we didn't have to pay money because I couldn't find the keys....
...after we moved I lost the keys to our car in the garage, long story short I was able to go to the seller and get the spare and ended up finding the keys to the truck and the keys to the car....this isn't the only time I've lost the keys.
I am now on my 5th badge at work because I 'misplace' my badge on a regular basis.
I have gotten 3 new debit cards and had them re-pinned because I have 'misplaced' them.
I have gotten many insurance cards because I misplace them, or wash them then misplace them.
I have 'misplaced' my big green purse many of times with my wallet inside multiple times...it's pointless to own a purse or a wallet.
this list could go on and on...but my point is, that my 'misplace' list is mostly with little things. And I do it on a regular basis. So let me go on....
This weekend I had an appointment with a client, to go over wedding details for the 14th of January. Sign a contract, and what not....but everything I needed for it was on my external hard drive. My cord was NO WHERE! I had canceled the week before because it was 'misplaced' and I was going to wait for it to show up...but now I couldn't wait any longer. So I had turned the house upside down. I was screaming and yelling at every one. blaming everyone for the loss of this cord. I was so angry that everyone wasn't helping, and I was angry that everyone touches my cord without asking or telling me where they put stuff when they help clean (heaven forbid, if they cleaned right?) so as Jake checked the garage I ripped through the livingroom, crying frantically. Thinking of the only other option, which would be to get online find another template and to start over....re think all of the experiences that I had gone through that had gotten me thus far in my small photoraphy business career and remember the wording and try to make it look right...after all, the one I needed was on my stupid hard drive, with a missing cord...I was SO FRUSTRATED...and that was an understatement at that point. Earlier that morning Jared and Heidi invited our Family to go to Anchorage with them to eat lunch. I canceled because I could find the cord. Jared tried to help looking through cords of his to see if he had any that would match. Of course this hard drive had only a one....the only one in the world that went to it. When Heidi was on her way out to see if we had found it she popped her head in as Jake came in with a cord that he found in the car in my big green purse, while witnessing me screaming and yelling while standing in the couch with no cushions on them. She saw that Jake brought me 'THE CORD' to my hard drive....I snatched it up. I'm not sure when she had left. But all I know is whatever Jake was saying, I didn't here. I just focused on the dumb cord and ran up the stairs and I started to bawl....I'm sure he thought it was because of what he said, but it was because of what I had said to them all day, and what I put my family through all day. It was because I do this ALL THE TIME. It was because this isn't the only time I do this. It was because I was wrong. I had my family torn apart over something that I have a major problem with. I realized then and there that I have a huge hurdle to overcome this year.
I have to learn to be more organzied and not loose little things....KEYS, BADGES, CORDS, PHONES, GLASSES, ANYTHING SMALL!
We ended up going with Heidi and Jared and I ended up meeting up with my Bride and I was able to access my Contract and I was able to do what I needed to. I did appolgize to my kids and Jake for treating them the way I did. I shared with them my goal...I am so grateful for Jake and his willingness to hold me together when I'M CRAZY!!!
1 comment:
http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/p/iheart-project-gallery.html
That's a good goal...i hate losing things especially stupid things that i should know where they are and things that i never put in the same place even when we have a spacific palce for them...keys. Take a look at that website it has some really good ideas. My goal this year is to get more organized but my house...i am getting sick of clutter and junk everywhere so thati s my goal this year along with the typical ;) good luck!!
Post a Comment