So as I'm on blogging again about one specific thing I've realized that I don't know if I can blog anymore. Everything has changed so much and I'm not sure if I know how to change the things that I loved to change before.
I'm realizing while I'm doing schooling I have a serious problem. I think I have some sort of ADD. To focus is so hard. I have so much to do and lists to finish and brochure's to make and labels to put in order and I can't stay on task for anything. I need to update my photography blog along with create a new one for my birthing stuff I can't even focus to do any of it. Instead I get on the only one I know how to talk about my unbalanced brain. It's amazing that I can even form any sort of paragraph that is organized.
So each month I get a new module to work on. I have Module 1 started it has over 70 questions and each question requires a source and at least a paragraph for an answer. It's mostly about Midwifery history. I have 2 book reports to right and I can't even finish a chapter without realizing I have no idea what I'm reading. Module 2 is nearly done. I still have to write an autobiography about a midwife that I know. The midwife that I interviewed gave me such boring answers I'm not sure how I will spice that up. Module 3 is something else. But I do have 3 that I'm working on at once. I've got 6 total and NONE of them done.
As for my apprenticeship I have a skills notebook that I pass stuff off in. I have nearly finished the 1st section. I can do appointments that include listening to baby, measuring moms belly, vital signs and talking about risks. I can also do PKU's on babies, and I can give shots to moms and vitamin K shots to babies. I am excited to be able to do blood draws. I'm waiting on my permit to come back so I have a legal number to work with on my paperwork when I chart. I love going to Anchorage to work on home visits.
In the mean time I have learned all kinds of new things and I am implementing Placenta Encapsulation, cord burning and turning to the birthing scene with my photography. I have done a few now and I can make tinctures and creams from the placenta too. I offer doula services in the mix of everything else which is being that supportive person for a mom during labor. I have done that a few times also and love the scene. I'm grateful to be on the flipside of birth. To get up and running I'm having to make bruchures and find me a logo. I am having to find legal forms for my Doula work and I am also trying to get it up on a blog so that I can send someone there. So much I can do, just organizing it to offer it is where I'm struggling. It's awesome to know that I can do a few things. So back to focusing :)
1 comment:
I wish there was something we could do to help. We'll keep you in our prayers. Hang in there.
Post a Comment