Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dr. Appoitments

So....Tuesday EmberLee got her purple cast, she'll have it off in 2 1/2 weeks
We just have to prepare her for the "trauma" that she'll experience getting this purple thing off. Apparently the saw traumatizes kids. We'll bring the ipod for her that day and crank it so the noise of the saw won't scare her, and we'll talk alot about what will happen so she'll be prepared. I think she'll be fine.
My appointment with my awesome midwife went well. I just need to take it easy to keep from contracting, lots of fluids and our baby at this point is breach. Of course he has time to flip but with all the other pregnancies before the kids were all in the right position at this time....I'm sure he'll flip when he's ready. It is strange for the hick-ups to be on top of my belly instead of below.
Last night we we got a barricade on our outside steps because our steps are collapsing, way safe let me tell ya :)

Today we had Well-check appointments for EmberLee, and Kurtis and a heart check for Bridger.

Bridger did great, he still only weighs 23 lbs. He's just is a sleeper, his heart is great though.

EmberLee got a well-check, she's 53%tile on her BMI(body mass index), on her height she's on the 82%tile, and her weight she's on the 69%tile. Dr Later checked her back to make sure its' straight, he checked her eyes and she has 20/30 vision, which is good for her age. He checked her heart, her ears, nose, and throat, He checked her everywhere else and she is great. She does have short tendons in her knees for her reflex checks. But that's ok :) and she got a shot for preschool and she didn't even cry. Dr Later asked her about her arm and told her she was brave. EmberLee likes Dr. Later.

Kurtis also had a well-check for his shots for Jr. High, he checked out great too Kurt's BMI is 3.8%tile, he's 4'9" and 48%tile on his height, and 11%tile on his weight a skinny 73lbs. He's never been very high on weight, or BMI. I have a bunch of skinny no bum kids :) He got 2 shots and did great too, didn't whine too much, I tried to bargain with Dr. Later into giving him an extra poke for me. He asked what I wanted him to poke him with...I said sugar water. LOL he told Kurtis he had to do what mom's ask. He winked at Kurtis. Dr Later has a great sense of humor. He told Kurt if he behaved for his mom she wouldn't make requests like that. Austin felt a little left out and was interrupting as usual. Not unlike Austin. He was really glad that he didn't get shots this time and Kurt did. He's such a character. Jake has worked alot this week and I haven't seen him much, I hate it when he works graveyards. It's so hard not to wake him when he's home and sleeping. He probably thinks I'm a stocker....I just don't get to spend much time with him. I may be obsessed about being with him. I should be he's my hubby :)

3 comments:

Lowe Family said...

Sounds like everyone is doing good!!! I love the picture with the doctor :)

Virginia said...

So, are you going to try and "take it easy" and drink more fluids? Hope he flips at the right time.

Thanks for including the pictures and the updates on every one.

I hope they fix the stairs soon and don't just leave the barricade...

Have fun!

Kristalyn said...

Carter flipped in the few days before I had him...so there's definitely time. Except Carter flipped from being head down to breech, the little rascal! But I"m sure it's just as easy to flip the other way.