Monday, August 11, 2008

Accomplishing?

So Kurt is now registered at Lakeridge Jr High has teachers and class room numbers and he even has a locker with a combination :) After all is said and done, with the silly year book it cost us $98.50. What the crap. Why is it that your parents use a scare tactic on you and tell you when your younger that babies are expensive? That's why we shouldn't single date at 16 right? I'm figuring out that it's getting more expensive as they get older. That's what we should try to scare our kids with instead. LOL. Can I just say it would be a little easier if someone would pitch in and pay their dues. I think we're officially over $9,000.00 in arrears now. Wow wouldn't that be great to get that sometime soon. We'd have so many bills out of the way, and we'd be able to get things the boys needed that we can't now. No Austin that doesn't mean more DS games. So I've decided to be a little more productive and try to get some of these projects done that I've started years ago. I had a baby blanket I started when we lived on Graff Circle in 2003. I finally finished it! Woooo WHoooo!!! I don't even remember who it was meant for, but now our last baby has something that "I" made. I feel good about that. I started a blanket that Jake's mom meant to start for him, but never did, so I rose my hand to the project. I'm nearly done with it too. He just might have a home made birthday gift from me this year :) And I have my own scrapbook that I tore apart years ago when I decided that I couldn't keep track of each of the pages that kept falling out. It was needing some serious repair. I'm on a role with it too. It's been a very difficult project, more than I thought I could handle. It has so many pictures of my mom, and me (obviously). I realized that me and her have a lot in common. I just wish that she was still here to ask questions too. I miss her terribly. I'm glad that I will be able to see her again. I just need to get Jake's Mission scrapbooked, and out of the box it's in. A friend of mine came over the other night, when we all found out that our downstairs neighbor is taking the discussion's from the missionaries. I was so excited for him. Needless to say when him and his wife came outside to say goodbye to some of their family that were leaving my friend served in Brazil on her mission and "had" to use her Portuguese (I don't know how to spell). Jake spoke Spanish (Jake served in Chile) with the father, it was so cool to watch both of the people I know well use what they learned serving the lord. I felt so blessed to be watching them. Later we had went inside and Jake, my friend Daisha and our neighbor Keith shared mission stories till about 1 or 2 in the morning. It was really fun to listen, Lacey (Keith's wife) and I felt completely out of the picture, in fact Lacey ended up falling asleep on my couch. It was still neat to listen to them be silly and spiritual, and serious all together. I'm grateful to know that I have a knowledge of the gospel and that my kids have this knowledge too. I hope that they will grow and have a desire to serve the Lord, as the people that are close to me have. Jake's mom and dad came over tonight to drop off a crib mattress, and to have dinner. I initially invited them to something that I was going to make, but they said that they were going to be buying and Frances wanted Pizza. I've been craving that for a while, so I didn't argue. I think it may be because they don't like my cooking :) J/K(remember all, I can cook I just don't like too) Or she knows that I shouldn't be standing to cook a meal.....maybe the truth will come out after she reads this LOL. While they were here eating and visiting, and watching Bridger show off and Ember ride her bike, oh I can't forget Jake and his guitar hero. My grandma showed up to see my progress of my scrapbook. She inlighted me on some history of a timeline of when things happened in my mom's life, that has brought me about. Like I said earlier I'm learning that me and my mom have a lot in common. I talked to my Sister Joscilyn today too, her and her family lives in Oklahoma, I don't get to see them much, but I definitely don't miss a good talk when I can get one. I miss seeing her kids and the other side of my family that I don't know hardly at all, like my brothers that I hardly know. This evening after all kids were in bed Lacey came up and we worked on one of her projects. I'm pretty impressed with my artistic abilities. We made a plaque that you hang on the wall for a Nephew of Keith's. It turned out way awesome. I'm glad she just let's me have at it. I really enjoy things like that. Maybe that's why she brings them to me. She knows I'll just do it :) And we can talk and laugh and not have kids bugging us, cuz they're all sleeping. She's a great friend I've grown to appreciate. So I think that I have had a pretty accomplishing day today. I think it's actually been the weekend and today. Needless to say, Accomplishing.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Aewsome, Ty. Doesn't it feel good to accomplish something? Keep going it sounds like you're on a role. Good Job!

Nancy said...

Oh, crap! I spelled awesome wrong. I hate that. I wish you could edit comments. Duh!