EmberLee's first day of preschool was today. She woke me up this morning, at 8am. She was so excited to get ready for her first day of school. She got in the bath, and she got dressed without complaining of what I choose for her to wear (that's a miracle). While I was dressing Bridger he was making some funny kid noises and EmberLee made the comment, "Mom, he's kind of cute, but irritating." She catches me off guard sometimes when she uses big words. She asked if it was OK to say that word, and I said yes, it's just a grown up word is all. I told her she can say that if she wants too. Of course it's a lot better than some other words she decides to copy me with. We did her hair and she even requested for clippies, with the understanding that she was to leave them in until she got home.
We took some pictures of her first day of school, and
Bridger had to join in the fun. Then we ate some breakfast and headed off to school. When we got there we walked onto the playground area, she was so excited. She was singing at the top of her lungs "Today is my first day of school, my first day of school, without my mommy" it made me tear up, she wasn't even afraid to be without me. My only little girl was growing up right before my eyes. We ended up a tad bit early, so we went to the playground for a few minutes. I couldn't believe that she was ready to do this without me. She wasn't a bit afraid. I guess she's all ready to grow up.
Now that I'm home and it's so quiet with Bridger in bed I'm almost not sure what to do with myself. I keep checking the clock, so that I'm not late to come and get her. I'm taking my camera to finish her 1st day of school.
When I went to pick up EmberLee she was so happy to tell me about her day and that she even had her own homework folder to bring back and forth. She had made a new friend his name is Jorge (Hor-hay), she had to tell me that he was a boy not a girl. She gets to go every weekday. When we got home she told me that they aren't aloud to take off their shoes in preschool. As she was taking off her shoes at home I noticed that her sock was inside out. I asked if she'd try, and of course my kids can't leave their shoes on for anything. She definitely did try and aparently succeeded. But we ended up with a great day.
1 comment:
How can she be in preschool! Time goes by so quickly sometimes!
Congrats also on being off bedrest. This has been a long pregnancy for you!
Hang in there.
Virginia
Post a Comment