Sunday, September 14, 2008
Parenting Skills 101
So Saturday morning Jake got called into work and I was forced to use my fabulous Parenting skills. Either I could flip out and go bonkers because my two younger children that aren't nursing decided they were going to make an early lunch. Or I could look and laugh for a bit and take care of it when I could. Let's not forget that pictures are always important especially when you're keeping a blog :) I would have to say that this is what happens when you can only do 1 thing at a time. And what's a little spilled milk sometimes anyways?
Bridger and EmberLee decided that they could make lunch with a few simple ingredient's. Now what kind of mom would I be if I didn't share the recipe?
You will need:
A huge pot, and a rice cooker pot, then mix:
3 cups of whole milk (or whatever is left in the gallon)
1 cup of honey comb cereal (or whatever is left in the bag)
10 or so Nacho Cheese Doritos (or whatever is left in the bag)
Insert the rice cooker pot inside the Huge pot. Then mix the rest of the ingredient's inside the rice cooker pot. Stir "gently" with your hands on the kitchen floor (so mom or dad will have a heck of time cleaning everything up). Then enjoy with your hands or stuffed animal or whatever.
While they were having so much I was nursing Theron. The best part of all this is Jake came home after the kitchen was splattered with milk from Bridger giving the stuffed bear a bath in this yummy treat. Yes they both ate what the made. Nasty I know. Jake now probably thinks I'm grade A mom. He cleaned up the mess this time.
A little later I snapped a few pictures of our cute little baby in his monkey blanket. It goes perfectly with his little monkey toes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Tyra-I may have blown my top. Great attitude! Sometimes a good laugh and a few pictures is the only way to keep your sanity. Wise chose.
Oh my gosh, that picture of Theron looks just like Bridger!!!! I can't believe it!!!! I haven't seen him in a couple of days. I am amazed!!!! It's almost like they are twins...two years apart!!!!
Did you make Bridger and Ember eat what they made???? That's hilarious, but I bet they didn't think so!!!
They ate it by choice. Nasty!!!
Kudos to you Tyra for not flipping out. I need to take a lesson from your play book. Kudos for Jake too for cleaning it up. I love CJ but there is no way he would have cleaned it up. Thanks for the recipe too. I may have to let Megan try it when she gets older. :)
Post a Comment