Wednesday, October 1, 2008
31 Years old
So, most of my life I've had crappy birthdays. When I was a child my mom didn't make a big deal out of our birthday's. I remember when I was 15 I had received birthday money from my biological father. I wanted a birthday cake on my birthday. My mom wouldn't buy one. I'm sure now that I'm older that probably was because of my parents finacial situation at the time. I ended up using that money to buy a cake and ice-cream to share. From that year on either I didn't feel that my birthday's mattered or I was just expecting another crappy birthday. When I was married to the boys' dad, it truely didn't matter then. Infact on my 1st Mother's Day, he refused to get me anything, because I wasn't his mother. I've hated Mother's Day and my birthday's most of my life. I struggle everyday as a mom, hoping that I'm making the right decisions for my kids. Knowing that no one notices if my decisions are right or wrong. At least that's what I used to think. Since Jake and I have been married I haven't always had the best of Birthdays, or Mother's Day's but Jake tries soo hard each year to make it better than the last one. A few years ago Jake got a paintball mask on my birthday for him, but I got a CD on his that I wanted, so we traded. That won't happen again though. Another birthday I was barely pregant with EmberLee and was sicker than a dog and Jake was on call and had to stay...That was a crappy year. 2 years ago I was fresh out of the hospital from having Bridger. I was struggling so hard trying to feed him, and I was also dealing the the most horrible post-partum depression I'd ever had. It was Conference weekend, and I felt that Bridger stole my day. I don't remember last year much. But Jake did awesome this year. I woke up with no one here. He had taken EmberLee and Bridger and went to get me my favorite breakfast from iHOP. It was the Chicken Florentine Crepe. YUMMY!! I've had it better, but it was an awesome breakfast. He handed me my breakfast with Iron Man on top with a new game for my nintendo DS. It was awesome. I bummed around all morning, playing my game and then got an awesome call from someone of great importance regarding the "Eddie" situation. For those of you that don't know, just ask and I'll indulge more.
I got in the shower and then my sweet Mother-in-law came to watch EmberLee, Bridger and Theron so that Jake could take me to lunch. That was a great gift from her. I needed time without kids. Jake took me to my new found restraunt, Ruby River. I had Top Sirloin: Medium Rare, with a Potato that they deep fry(Sooo Good), and asparagus in hollondaise sause, and a side of mushrooms. We had our friends the Wilson's go with us. They are the ones that enlighted us on this place. It was only apropriate to have them there. It was awesome. I also had their tasty peach lemonade. We came home just in time for me to feed Theron. It was so nice to have the day be mine. Jake made one of my favorite dinners for my birthday, steamed cabbage and sausage. I was getting frustrated with EmberLee toward the end of the day. Bridger has started his 2 year attitude. He threw a few fits for my birthday, but it was fine about 8:30 when the kids went to bed. After kids were in bed Jake pulled my "cheesecake" out of the freezer. It wasn't the typical cheesecake though, it was the bites from Sara Lee. Pretty good. He knows me so well, and I didn't even have to share if I didn't want to. I love that Jake went out of his way for me all day, I hope that I can give him a great day on his birthday. I got a call from my brother Jared. Which was extremely odd. But a good conversation. He seems to be doing ok for now. He said that he's got the missionary's coming 3 times a week. They going to be going to his house this weekend for Conferance. He even preached a bit to me. Weird to hear this out of his mouth!! I asked him why the turn around to the gospel, he said that what he's been doing for the last 20 years hasn't worked, so he thought he'd try something new. I just pray and hope he sticks with it. He said he loves to read the Book of Mormon Reader, he understands that. I love that he could possibly find himself. I wish he had done it sooner.
This birthday seems to have been a very good one, 31 and all. Jake tries so hard for me, I love him for making my day so memorable for me. I am grateful for all he does and I would have to say that he is my Knight in shining armor. Thanks Jake for such a great day. I can't wait till November when he has so many days off. It'll be nice to spend so much time together then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Even though I have posted all the family birthdays I still forget them.
You have a great husband! Happy birthday (belated)!
What a great day! I was planning last week to call you on your birthday... but of course life happened (feel free to sub life for other four letter words : ) )
SO Happy Birthday! I'm glad Jake made it special... that's always nice!
Hey come over any morning! Callme! Or maybe I'll call you! : )
You don't look old enough to be in your 30's. You deserved a great birthday. Happy belated birthday girl.
Post a Comment