Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dizzy Bird

So Yesterday I rescued a poor lost bird that had flown into Lacey's apartment. Lacey screamed for my help, I thought that something serious had happened :) Something did. This poor little bird flew in the front door downstairs and into her front door upstairs. Aparently it tried to fly out through her Livingroom window that wasn't open. I think it stunned itself. I used the curtain to try to block him from flying away from the window. He decided not to go anywhere so I picked him up carefully after I had opened the window for him to actually escape through. I put my hand out the window, and this poor thing just stared at Lacey and I. I tried to nudge him off my hand. I could feel his little legs motion up and down as I had tried to throw him up and out. After we got pictures of him, and dicussed why this poor thing wouldn't fly, it decided to fly away. He just took off. He must have had his own birds flying above his poor little head when he hit the glass. It took him a minute to focus on us before he realized that he wasn't suppose to be in my hand :) It was really cool actually to be able to think that we were helping. The kids thought it was way cool too when we told them what had happened. Austin told Michael that the bird had brain damage....Michael was worried that we had hurt the bird. Kids are silly. Lacey then had to explain to Michael what we had meant. We didn't give him brain damage. The bird just was dazed a little. The bird actually ended up fine.

2 comments:

Someone else said...

So, do you consider that your Cinderella moment? lol

Ty Lyman said...

A dream is a wish, your heart makes. When your fast asleep....I can't sing like Cinderelly. But that sounds like a great world to live in LOL.