Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"THE" COURT DATE

So Friday was a very stressful day for us. Jake didn't go to Africa because of the importance of this date. It was regarding my X for his back child support that he currently owes ($10,605.02, for those of you who are wondering how much). We got ready and went, I was shaking and nervous for a few reasons. #1 I thought that he would have proof of disability(faker), and 2nd I was afraid that the judge would fall for his bull crap and that he wouldn't have anything happen to him. When we got there we were there early, because our parents taught us to be on time to important things like this :) Other people were taught differently, I guess. Because we were one of the few people there by 1:00pm. Eddie didn't role in until a quarter after. He was so thoughtful though, he wanted sympathy I guess. He brought his X-rays from over 10 years ago from his back surgery. He's trying to claim disability from Social Security(someone told him that they would pay his child support). He even limped so that everyone could feel bad for him. How sad right? .............NOT!!!! When the Attorney for the State of Utah, representing Office of Recovery Services called him out he limped extra good for him. He came back in a few minutes later, then I was called out. In the room the attorney told me that Eddie was tring to claim disability, he said that he wasn't prepared with the proper documents, I asked him how come, he had his X-rays....LOL he said that Eddie tried to show them and the attorney told Eddie to put them away that the he was not a DR and couldn't read them, therefore they weren't going to help him. I laughed.......he then told me that Eddie would be given 3 months to get and maintain a job where he has to document or keep a log of his efforts, he also has to report everything to ORS so that they can take Child Support from him. If he doesn't have a job by then he will be serving jail time. What a relief that was to me to hear that something is going to happen for his irresponsiblity. I asked the attorney, if asking Eddie to sign over his rights of the boys could be done that day. He said that we could certainly offer it, if Eddie decided to act on it then we could legally take steps to making that happen. Out side of the court. Everything would still be in place until that was done. The attorney for the State went and got Eddie and Jake and Jake and I offered that up.......long story short, Eddie has agreed to give up his rights to avoid Jail, a job, responsibility, and a debt that he's acrued. Jake and I met with our attorney today and we are going to move forward with this. Jake will be adopting both boys, we will start this process on Dec 2nd. We will have collected $700 to get this ball rolling, with our foot to the metal we should be done with the adoption within about 2 weeks of starting this process. We are asking for prayers and fasting for this to happen quickly and efficiently. We thank everyone for their support in our decision. We've prayed for years for this to happen. I will keep you all posted in our efforts :) And I was worried for no reasons at all. Things are finally going to be looking up. We both know that this won't be easy for us or the boys, but we are willing to make this work.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah! This is so exciting. We will keep you in our prayers. I got the chills reading this. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Two thumbs up for Jake, he is a great Dad. You to Ty! Not the dad part, but you know what I mean.:)

Someone else said...

I know you have been waiting a long time for this to happen and I am excited for you. You will be in our prayers too. I hope all goes well.

karijean said...

My Prayers are with you guys. Ty, You and Jake are wonderful parents. I'm hope that everything works out.

Anonymous said...

Well, I told you before that you have our support and love. We would be thrilled to have the boys have our same last name.

It will be nice to see the boys happy again. I know that it will be a while, but I know it will happen.

Our love to you all. You may have a bumpy road for a while, but it will be worth it.

We will pray for you and maybe we could arrange a family fast. I am happy for you and us and the boys...although I know it will be hard for them to see the good in it for a while. They will, I know they will because life for them will be much more stable. They will be safe from harm and exposure to things that no child should see from a parent.

We all look forward to this change for your family and for the happiness that it will bring...all the way around.

mer and mel said...

can you photoshop my belly fat out?=-make me look thinner? I look Awful- apparently m y shirt really was too tight! Other than that, they look great!