
We had an OK Christmas this year. I have had a really hard time getting into the Christmas season this year. Lack of funds doesn't help either. I did really enjoy making the gifts for our friends and family though. I loved watching the kids too. For our FHE before Christmas we had 12 of this kids draw names and then we took them to the dollar store to purchase for the person that they had picked. We then took them to the Cases house to wrap their presents, and let them give there gifts to the person they picked. The funnest part was watching them watch the person's reaction when they opened their gift. We got to watch the kids learn a little about giving. They were so excited to give their gift, because they had picked it especially for that other person. I loved it.

On Christmas Eve after I was done working we let the kids open they're one present (PJ's). Usually they're made by Grandma, but she was having a rough year too. The kids wanted footy Jammies this year so the each got a pair, but Kurt. He said he's to big for those. He's 12 and hitting puberty. He's trying to convince me still that he has hair on his "junk". He's such a funny kid. I wouldn't go back to that age if someone paid me too. I hated being 12.

After opening everything Christmas Morning with Grandma and Grandpa, we like to do "cheers" Jake and I like to do this for our tradition. The kids like to ding the glasses together and try to copy what we say, it's kind of fun to do. We like to say "Thanks for the great year that we've had, and the awesome Christmas we were able to give" With our Martinelli's in the goblets that we only use twice a year. Bridger and EmberLee had a blast trying to be big.
These are the fun things we like to do each year.
No comments:
Post a Comment