Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bee STRONG

After doing our school yesterday, the kids went down into 'the forest' in the back yard and was looking for broken trees and such to use for their 'hut'. Apparently they found more than what they were bargaining for. EmberLee came to the sliding door in hysterics screaming, and stripping her clothes off and screaming some more. I kept asking her, "WHAT HAPPENED?!?" I had to coax her into calming down. When she could scream more than a word at a time, in a panic she said, "A BEE STUNG ME ON MY NOSE!!!" because this moment seemed like it was so blog worthy, I had to grab my camera to take pictures. Right after I snapped this picture, she frantically was flayling around screaming "BEE!!" over and over. When you have 5 babies, your bladder isn't as strong at it once was. When you see your 5 year old that you've held in your womb for 8 months, who seems to be ok.... she's in the house, she's safe, but terrified, what could be the problem. My bladder got scared too. I think I peed a little.....I was so scared for her, and my emotions and adreniline got the best of me. I could have been on a Depends commercial for just a minute there. There was a bee, it must have been under her shirt when she stripped off her shirt when she first came in the door. As she was freaking out, I had realized it was a bee, and ohh, and I really did pee my pants. Bridger came in just in time for EmberLee to save them both. She decided to get them up in her room, where she felt safe, with the door shut and locked, because you know that bee's have huge hands with their little body's and they can open doors. The boys came in just in time to swat the bee to the window where they thought it was dead. I followed the kids up to the 'SAFE' bedroom to check the kids out. Sure enough Ember had a sting on her side, and Bridger had one on his belly, the picture is a bit blurry for some reason, so I circled it. Kurt got stung on the back of the head, he said it felt as if he might have got hit with a golf club or something, and then another sting right on his ring finger. Austin was SO fast that he escaped with no new holes in his body. He was so impressed with his fast self. So after everyone calmed down, and I had found out what happened. I think Kurt found a hive and pissed them all off. The kids stayed in for awhile....until they 'dared' to go out all decked out in the weather get up. You know, Coats, Hats, gloves, scarves, the boots that they could tuck their pants into. They learned to BEE STRONG !!!

4 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

Poor Em looks so sad :( I bet it hurt to be stung on the nose. Was Bridgy brave? Looks like the bee want to propose to Kurt since it's on his ring finger. Guess he turned it down. LOL:) Aus needs to do track if he can run THAT fast.

Norm and Frances said...

How good that none of them are allergic! Aunt Lurain got stung three times, on her hand a couple of weeks ago!!! Maybe she should go up to her room huh Em?

I am glad the hurt is gone now and all is well!!! Em is so brave!! So is Bridger!!! How sad for Mom!

Candace said...

Yea, I finally found you! Oh, your poor babes! My husband is so terrified of bees, this story would freak him out. I hope the kids have kept away from the hive since then and that everybody is healing well. It was great to read a little bit about what brought you to Alaska and a big CONGRATULATIONS on your sealing on this year. What a blessing!

Teresa said...

Poor bees. 3 bees just died, we are going to go through a honey shortage now. JUST KIDDING! Poor babes! I HATE bee stings, they hurt like crazy. I hope they feel better!