Thursday, September 24, 2009

Handicaped by choice??

So I have to say that when our family goofs off, it's pretty funny. After dinner one night in August we got in the conversation of going cross eyed. Austin asked about a time when I got in trouble in Jr. High. Mrs Watson's math class. She was so awesome, she would walk on desks and not use text books. I loved her. I was in the back of the class not paying attention like usual. If I remember right I was back there and couldn't see what she was doing, I hadn't gotten my glasses yet. So I decided that I would play and see if she noticed. So I crossed just one of my eyes. Sure enough, she noticed. In front of the entire class she asked if I could pay attention and look at her with both of my eyes. I turned red and looked down. I was trying not to laugh. But yes I was a lot like my own kids. I guess I can figure out where they might have gotten their awesome talent. My kids were curious to know if I could still do it. So I had to show them that I could in deed still do it. I can also turn my eye lids inside out, thanks to the lesson from my Aunt Mary JO and my Uncles, Joseph and Glen. But it does pop my contacts out when I do that. So I wasn't going to be the complete freak show for my kids. They were totally amazed at my talent still. So Kurt had to do it (go crossed eyed). I had to get the camera because I had to blog this....I was actually going to blog this long time ago and never did. When I was looking on all my memory cards I found this and it all came back to me. Watching this now makes me laugh as ridiculous as I did during the video. I think I was also tired, as I am right now. I only laugh like that when I'm tired. In the 2nd video it was EmberLee's turn, but she decided to put a twist to her cross eyes. She was lapping up lemon juice off her plate from our awesome yummy beer battered halibut. She would pull her bangs out of her face, pull a sour face while crossing her eyes. Very smart little girl. So with Sponge Bob in the background and our unfocused camera we could laugh, and listen to Theron scream from being exhausted too. I hope you enjoy our goofy talented family :)

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Your are definatly one of the kids! I love it!! I'm so glad you are teaching your kids such great life lessons! Learn to laugh and be laughed at!

Norm and Frances said...

So this is what home-schooling is in Alaska!!! Looks like the kids are getting good grades and doing just fine!!! A+for wierd!!!!

I love you all!!!

Virginia said...

So glad their eyes didn't "get stuck" that way. What talented children! It's wonderful to hear you laugh along with them. Everyone is so happy. What great memories.