Saturday, October 17, 2009
Books, Books, and more Books
So we have been very busy this last week. The fun and exciting thing though, is we've finally gotten a laptop. I can blog in my bed now :). We've also gotten the kids books for Math, English, Reading, and EmberLee's box of Curiculum. She is doing really well. Her Sight word Center's has helped her tremendously. She was reading her BOB books and was recognizing words like: and, the, of...she was so excited that I wasn't telling her what to say, she was sounding the words out all by herself....Each time she would do it, she would look up at me and smile really big and laugh, then she said, "mom, you are going to totally freak out when I pass all these books off huh?" I couldn't help but laugh. But this is the reason I love homeschooling, I not only got to see her walk, and crawl, and climb...but I got to see her "read" for the first time. She's copied what I've told her to say in a book, but she actually read it without help, she took her time and did a great job. I nearly cried, when she recognized her huge accomplishment. This post is small with no pics, but I have some good ones coming in the next few days when I get a minute to breathe ;) We are doing great though. We cruising along in the Book of Mormon without a fight. Some days it's only 1 Chapter, and others it's 3 or more. Kurt is working for a reward in Priestood, so he's begging to read it faster. I love that he's reading it. Someone told him that if he couldn't sleep that all he needed to do was read his scriptures. LOL, he's ahead of my personal reading now. Good thing we read it together. We study it together with the Preach My Gospel Study Guide. Very cool, if you don't have one I recommend getting it. Makes things more interesting while your reading, and studying the Gospel. Needless to say we are doing pretty good. Keep an eye out for more posts in the next few days. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It is so neat to hear about the kids accomplishments and their progress. You are doing a great job and it is something that you certainly will never regret!!! You are doing something really great for them and it will pay off in the end. Good for you!!!!
Ok ty, Just for you! Top left picture on my Blog is posted of the fat belly :)
Ty that is so awesome. I love that you are enjoying having the kids home, and way to go on the scripture study. I need to get in gear.
I'm so proud of you guys! That is amazing! You are such a great mommy! I love PMG! I was able to study it during the mission. Amazing resource!
Post a Comment