
So as I was cleaning I lifted a picture frame off the floor and saw that it had shattered. So I carefully reached in and tried to get the big piece that was still in the frame. As I did this I didn't see the one pointed downward and sliced my hand open. It didn't bleed right away, but I could tell instantly that I probably needed stitches. I could see the fat inside of the wound and then it decided to bleed. It wouldn't stop. So I decided because Jake would be home soon I would just try to butterfly it shut and go in and get some stitches. I scrubbed it out, watched the boys turn pale. Then while I held pressure to it, I had Kurt get my butterflies ready and a bandaid to go over the top. Austin kept looking away when I would take the cloth off. But I managed to get them both on and a bandaid, that I had bled threw in less then 3 minutes. Changed that a few times and got sticky residue all around my wound. The next day I decided to take pics, because it doesn't look like it did at all when I sliced it open. In fact it looks as if I put butterflies over a scratch....Man I'm so good. I didn't go and get stitches after all, I just changed bandaids, and kept neosporin on it...I also didn't take my butterflies off for about 4 days. Pretty nice huh? I was impressed with my First Aid abilities.
3 comments:
Ty, that is seriously impressive. Forget the nursing program - you're ready to be the doctor ;)
Gosh, I think all I would have done is cry!!! You are a good multi-tasker. I'm sure glad you were able to take care of it and didn't have to have stitches. It looks really good, but, like you said....looks are decieveing. I'm glad all is well.
holy monkey! I should hire you for my nurse! :p take care girl! love ya!
Post a Comment