Monday, January 25, 2010

At it AGAIN

Today was one of those days. When Jake got home from work and I felt that I could take my own time out I did. Jake was in charge and I locked myself in my room and decided to call a friend that I haven't talked to in quite a while...of course I missed dinner and I missed the screaming and yelling that usually goes on in my home in the evening when the kids are all playing and rough housing. I even got the occasional knock on my door. Toward the end of the conversation Jake came to the door and asked me to unlock the door, then asked me to take a look at the kids' room. I walked in and about had a heart attack. I told my dear friend Nancy that I had to go, there had been a blogging moment made. So here is the BLOGGING MOMENT :) My two younger boys (Bridger being the instigator of course) had gotten into my scrapbook tower with all my ink pads and such. They painted EVERYWHERE in Ember and Bridger's room, and made a mess that seemed so overwhelming to clean up. The best part about all of this, was it was on Jakes time not mine. I feel like I could have done something to keep something like this from happening. But now that it's on Jakes time not mine...I feel much better about my parenting skills :) Either both of us shouldn't be parents or our kids are very QUIET :) I'm up in the air about which one fits. Although it cleaned up ok...except the sheet. The room can get cleaned up tomorrow. Bad parenting or not.

4 comments:

Someone else said...

How did you get that off the walls? It looked like it had never happened. I can't believe it.

It is when the kids are quiet that you really have to worry. That is when they know they are doing something they shouldn't and don't want to get caught. However, it is when the kids are so quiet that the parents feel they are finally getting a brake so they leave it alone hoping that the quiet moments can last as long as possible, forgetting that the longer it's quiet the worse the mess will be when they check on the kids. At least we can take comfort in knowing that it happens to everyone.

Anonymous said...

i thinki would have killed to little boys lol, you poor thing that sucks big time !!!!! love ya

Nancy said...

I'm laughing...I can see why you had to go so quickly last night. The curiousity was killing me. Oh my heck that was a BIG mess. I wouldn't know whether to grab the camera and laugh about it, or flop myself on the floor and cry then kill them later. Way to go Ty, for not killing them...blogging about it is a much safer outlet.

I enjoyed talking to you last night. I miss you.

Virginia said...

It is AMAZING that it all cleaned up. WOW. I'm glad it happened on Jake's watch so you know it isn't you.