As some of you know, I am learning how to sew. I am learning how to actually use patterns. I am learning how to make things that otherwise I am ready to throw out the window....Unless of course I have someone to walk me through my task at hand. I have been working on a Teddy bear for Theron. I made it ALL BY MYSELF. I laid it out on the fabric, I cut it out, I sewed it all together, stuffed it, and I was able to make his legs movable even :) I have made my first Teddy Bear. Isn't he cute. I am going to be making one for each of the kids. I thought it would be fun to make something that they could look back and say...."My mom made this for me" I've made their blankets, but that's just straight lines. This was a tad bit more complicated for me. I'm thinking maybe I could even sell them :) These little bears even have cute clothes I could make for them. Hats, vests, pants and such. We'll see about their clothes. Bridger did say something tonight that made me laugh though.
As I was stuffing the bear, Bridger was examining the bear. He noticed a very important detail...
He said, "Mom? Where is his penis?"
I chuckled and said, "Bridger this bear doesn't have one, he's special.
His response to that one was, "But he has legs, and arms, and eyes, and ears....I do too, can we make him one?"
I said, "No, I don't have enough fabric to make any more parts, do you think he will work without one?"
Bridger then said, "Yeah, I guess he can just hold it, if he has to pee."
Way to funny this kid :)
Sunday, January 24, 2010
TEDDY BEAR
As some of you know, I am learning how to sew. I am learning how to actually use patterns. I am learning how to make things that otherwise I am ready to throw out the window....Unless of course I have someone to walk me through my task at hand. I have been working on a Teddy bear for Theron. I made it ALL BY MYSELF. I laid it out on the fabric, I cut it out, I sewed it all together, stuffed it, and I was able to make his legs movable even :) I have made my first Teddy Bear. Isn't he cute. I am going to be making one for each of the kids. I thought it would be fun to make something that they could look back and say...."My mom made this for me" I've made their blankets, but that's just straight lines. This was a tad bit more complicated for me. I'm thinking maybe I could even sell them :) These little bears even have cute clothes I could make for them. Hats, vests, pants and such. We'll see about their clothes. Bridger did say something tonight that made me laugh though.
As I was stuffing the bear, Bridger was examining the bear. He noticed a very important detail...
He said, "Mom? Where is his penis?"
I chuckled and said, "Bridger this bear doesn't have one, he's special.
His response to that one was, "But he has legs, and arms, and eyes, and ears....I do too, can we make him one?"
I said, "No, I don't have enough fabric to make any more parts, do you think he will work without one?"
Bridger then said, "Yeah, I guess he can just hold it, if he has to pee."
Way to funny this kid :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
This is absolutely adorable! YES, you could definitely sell them. I think it's great you're making one for each child. Bridger is hilarious! Now, I'll look at that bear and think how much he is "holding the pee!"
Way to go Tyra! You are definitely talented in sewing!
Tyra, It's your aunt Carolyn. What is your email address, I'd love to chat.
One of my most cherished possesions is the "cabage patch" doll my mother made for me. All the other kids had store bought ones but they didn't come close to how special mine was because my mother made it special just for me. Also, that conversation with Bridger was hilarious!! It's so funny to hear how they make sense of this crazy world.
I still have a teddy bear that my mom made me years and years ago. You did a beautiful job! Your kids will treasure them :)
Great job Ty! He really is so cute. I think that's a great thing your doing for the kids. It's always nice to have a tangable piece of love from your mommy.
Oh my hannah! That is beyond amazing and hilarious! Way to go on making that bear, that is some good sewing. Bridgi is a nut. I guess he learned from the best. ;) Love you friend!
Way to go! That's amazing that you've been able to sew a teddy bear and other things. That's a great feeling to know that you can accomplish a project and it turns out how it's supposed to.
I laughed so hard, I cried! Love that story. It sounds like a conversation that could've happened at my house!
That turned out sooooocute. I might have to have you make me osme for my kids for Christmas. I'm so impressed. I love the colors you chose too. WAY TO GO!!
I should probably quit re-reading this post and go use the bathroom before I wet myself. I am laughing a little too hard right now...
Super cute bear, by the way!
Post a Comment